Page 1 of 1

Auto import (snail) versus manual import (fox)

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:22 pm
by MrFlibble
When I use auto import I get about 2-4 hands per second. When I do manual import its nearer 200 h/s. What is going on here?

Is there a way to have pt3 watch a folder (like the auto import) but be fast (like the manual import)?

Re: Auto import (snail) versus manual import (fox)

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:44 pm
by WhiteRider
This is by design, so that the auto-import doesn't use much of your system's resources and allows you to multi-task within PT3 while still importing. If you want to do a bulk import you need to use manual import.

Re: Auto import (snail) versus manual import (fox)

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:59 pm
by MrFlibble
Thank you WhiteRider.

Can I put in a request to either add an autoimport feature to the manual import window (you may have a better naming system than that :))? Or maybe have a 'use full cpu' switch in the auto import window which will give you full speed?

It would be nice for us mining freaks to have a way to have it import at full speed without having to tend to it.

Re: Auto import (snail) versus manual import (fox)

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:13 pm
by WhiteRider
Auto-import should keep up with hands as they are being written.
Just make sure you have done a manual import of any old hands and moved the files before starting auto import.
And set auto-import to "move processed files to..." so they won't be continually re-read.

Re: Auto import (snail) versus manual import (fox)

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:17 pm
by MrFlibble
In my case auto import does not keep up. I mine a lot. So it would be great to have a 'go faster' option on the auto import.