PT3 wont start..

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

PT3 wont start..

Postby gibsa » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:10 am

This is weird, i have installed the program. When i start it it comes a box with "is about to expire" i think everyone gets there. When i push ok nothing happens. The program is running in the background in the activity center but there is no program started, if u understand what i mean. The program won't even start..

// it worked now after couple of tries..weird..
gibsa
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:14 pm

Re: PT3 wont start..

Postby Harks259 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:38 am

I'm having the same problem, but when I do get it working it doesn't track the tables. When it was working it was working Great. Much better than poker office 2.
Harks259
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:13 pm

Re: PT3 wont start..

Postby dgmt » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:15 am

my crashes all the time ...
dgmt
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:41 pm

Re: PT3 wont start..

Postby APerfect10 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:10 am

Are you running Norton or CA Security? For some reason, these two applications do not like when PokerTracker 3 loads its XML configuration files on startup.

Try temporarily disabling this security software and see if PT3 starts up. You should be ok re-enabling once PT3 is started.

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: PT3 wont start..

Postby APerfect10 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:11 am

[quote="Harks259"5sg]I'm having the same problem, but when I do get it working it doesn't track the tables. When it was working it was working Great. Much better than poker office 2.[/quote5sg]

What site are you tracking? We will be releasing Beta 7 later today. After you download this version, if you are still having trouble, please start a new thread and I will assist you on getting it configured properly. Beta 7 should auto-detect your hand history directories (this was broken in Beta 6)

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: PT3 wont start..

Postby Harks259 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:39 am

I'm using pokerstars. I am looking forward to 7. It was working great until it said it was going to expire.
Harks259
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:13 pm

Re: PT3 wont start..

Postby Harks259 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:47 am

APerfect10, I just wanted to update you. I just ran the program and started the tracking and it loaded all the hands I played since it stopped traking. A good so far.
Harks259
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:13 pm

Re: PT3 wont start..

Postby APerfect10 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:26 pm

Ok, good deal. We will be releasing Beta 7 in a few minutes...

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: PT3 wont start..

Postby Agri5 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:37 am

I wasn't going to say anything but then I saw that this guy had the same thing:

"The program is running in the background in the activity center but there is no program started"

When I first installed everything worked fine enough, but when I next tried to run it nothing happened (not even the green startup box as far as I know) but checking the running processes, pokertracker.exe was running. Retstarted, tried a few times, and got nothing.

Then just tried again now and it worked, but I don't think anything had changed since the last time I tried, so its pretty strange.

Before I put it down to a lack of memory on my PC (I'm running low at the moment) and sometimes even things like Excel won't open due to lack of memory! But I don't know.

Also on a side note, are observed hands in PP supposed to work right now, with beta 7? As I had a table open, clicked "Begin Auto Import" but it said "Found 0 files to monitor".

Thanks.
Agri5
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:35 pm

Re: PT3 wont start..

Postby Agri5 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:39 am

Oh and I'm not running Norton or the other thing you mentioned.
Agri5
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:35 pm

Next

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests