Commercial Release Freezing

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Commercial Release Freezing

Postby zachvac » Thu May 15, 2008 11:12 pm

So I have to say I'm pretty surprised that you released PT3 without fixing the bug where literally everything freezes. I fire up my normal 12 tables, turn on PT3, turn on import hands and all the tables sort of flash and I can't click any buttons. I was testing at 1c/2c so it's no big deal but I couldn't click anywhere and my hands all timed out. When one of the main reasons I use PT is for multi-tabling gotta say I'm a bit disappointed that this bug is still there in the commercial release. Do you have any idea what is causing this bug and what the time-frame is on fixing it assuming you're able to? Thanks.
zachvac
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 12:40 am

Re: Commercial Release Freezing

Postby Josh » Thu May 15, 2008 11:14 pm

Fixing Hud problems is top priority. What site were you playing on? What happens if you start with fewer tables?
Josh
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6222
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: Commercial Release Freezing

Postby feint06 » Thu May 15, 2008 11:18 pm

I haven't noticed complete freezing once I get PT3 started, but I do notice that even on just 1 table I sometimes have to click the "fold" button many times before pstars seems to recognize the action. This doesn't happen with PT3 is not running.
feint06
 
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:18 pm

Re: Commercial Release Freezing

Postby zachvac » Thu May 15, 2008 11:19 pm

This is pokerstars, I'll try like 4-6 and see what happens. Thanks for the extremely timely response.
zachvac
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 12:40 am

Re: Commercial Release Freezing

Postby zachvac » Thu May 15, 2008 11:34 pm

Didn't even realize it was a problem with the HUD. With 1 table, it takes several seconds to get up, and with 4 tables there is a small lag time as it seems to put the stats up on each individual table one at a time. Once the stats are up it seems they work fine, updating with little to no lag. It's just the initial startup seems to take several seconds on each table which seems to add up to 30+ seconds when I've got 12 up.
zachvac
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 12:40 am

Re: Commercial Release Freezing

Postby Clean » Fri May 16, 2008 12:14 am

Mine froze twice: once after importing and trying to look at my stats, and once after rebooting and trying to replay a hand.
Clean
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:43 pm

Re: Commercial Release Freezing

Postby jchysk » Fri May 16, 2008 12:21 am

I can do up to 17 before I notice that I have to click multiple times sometimes. I'd like to be able to play up to 28 tables, although 24 tables is fine. So I'm not sure yet if I'll use PT3 for regular sessions. It still has a ton of great applications for post-session review. Ideally I hope the HUD enhancements that are being worked on will have at least a 50% speed increase since the capabilities are far beyond PAH.
jchysk
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:40 pm

Re: Commercial Release Freezing

Postby zachvac » Fri May 16, 2008 1:54 am

jchysk wrote:I can do up to 17 before I notice that I have to click multiple times sometimes. I'd like to be able to play up to 28 tables, although 24 tables is fine. So I'm not sure yet if I'll use PT3 for regular sessions. It still has a ton of great applications for post-session review. Ideally I hope the HUD enhancements that are being worked on will have at least a 50% speed increase since the capabilities are far beyond PAH.


Agreed, although apparently mine is going far slower because as mentioned, this happens to some degree 6-tabling where I have to click buttons pretty much rapid fire to get one of them to register. Hopefully they can get this to work because I used to use PT2 and PAHUD 12-tabling and those work fine. Not sure what it is about the new one but apparently there's some sort of problem with it. Hopefully they can fix the problem soon. As long as I can still use PT2 and PAHUD I'm not going to complain too much, but if the PT3 HUD doesn't work and they fail to offer a necessary patch for PT2 THEN I'll be quite a bit upset.
zachvac
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 12:40 am

Re: Commercial Release Freezing

Postby JOEYtheG » Fri May 16, 2008 4:49 am

mines is freezing a ton
JOEYtheG
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 7:12 pm

Re: Commercial Release Freezing

Postby Josh » Fri May 16, 2008 9:35 am

These issues should be resolved soon, I'll be working hard to get them done as soon as possible.
Josh
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6222
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Next

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests