Unable to begin feeder import process

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Unable to begin feeder import process

Postby Four Dogs » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:29 pm

Ok, I am now into my 6th day playing without Poker Tracker. Not that PT 3 has ever run well for me since I bought it, but at least it was servicable, now it's useless.
It takes over a minute to load, but that's really unimportant as even after it does load, I can't import any hands. It ran ok, sort of, for a week or so then this message appeared.

Unable to begin feeder import process. Reason: Unable to login to database (PT3_2008_05_17_004613). Reason: could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

I know I'm not the only one who's having this problem as I did a search for it before I decided to post my own thread. In each case the reply from support was to open PostgreSQL and then Start service followed by a reboot if that didn't work. It didn't work. I replied to 2 of the previous related threads but have not recieved a reply. If I can't get this worked out, I might as well have just wiped my ass with the $80 I spent on PT3.
Four Dogs
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:13 am

Re: Unable to begin feeder import process

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:21 am

I'm not a postgres expert, so I'm afraid I can't really help, but I've added link to this topic to the Postgres FAQ.

Do any postgres experts have any ideas?

Could you (Four Dogs) and anyone else experiencing this problem please give us some details about your system so that we can try to work it out?
e.g. Operating system, anti-virus / firewall software, etc.

My other suggestion would be to try uninstalling and re-installing postgres, although this is not absolutely straightforward.
See details here:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2136
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Unable to begin feeder import process

Postby Four Dogs » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:59 am

Thank you WhiteRider.
I am running a Gateway GM5420 with an Intel Core2 CPU 1.86 GHz and McAfee Security Center.
I tries allowing the port and program but that didn't seem to work either. If I figure it out I will post the solution.
Four Dogs
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:13 am

Re: Unable to begin feeder import process

Postby Four Dogs » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:43 pm

Still no sollution to this? :cry: Can I get my money back?
Four Dogs
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:13 am

Re: Unable to begin feeder import process

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:19 pm

Someone else has just worked out how to get postgres running after having problems, and has posted how she worked it out - please read this post:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7179&p=33158#p33111
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Unable to begin feeder import process

Postby Four Dogs » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:15 pm

Thanks WhiteRider, I'll give it a try.
Four Dogs
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:13 am

Re: Unable to begin feeder import process

Postby Yasha » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:37 pm

Hi again,

After couple days PT3 stoped working again. With my knowledge of computers it's a real headech...

It gives now this: 2008/07/26 21:03:47: PartyGaming: Error: Invalid pot size/winnings for hand #7247615648 (Hand #7247615648)

Any help?

Thanks in advance
Yasha
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: Unable to begin feeder import process

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:54 pm

This is a known issue in Beta 15, but don't let that stop you submitting a few hand histories for the hands that don't import.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Unable to begin feeder import process

Postby Yasha » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:15 pm

Thx for your quick reply, but how do i fix it then?
Yasha
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: Unable to begin feeder import process

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:17 pm

It's a known problem, that means that it's being worked on.
If you want to help, send some hand histories, as suggested.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Next

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests