weird bug

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: weird bug

Postby muxplust » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:28 am

tarix - -

no, this is not that....this is a bug in pt3

if any of the PT guys see this thread, i'll send you more screenshots to clarify, but im going to bed now ... i'm 99% sure this is a bug
muxplust
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:18 am

Re: weird bug

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:56 am

I suspect tarix is correct, although it may still be a bug.

If you played past midnight, you played into July, and the June winnings may not include this if that report is based on the hands you played in June.
The daily winnings graph is probably based on the sessions you played starting on that day, which will include the whole session even if you played past midnight.

Have you set "my day starts at"?
What time did your session start/end?
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: weird bug

Postby don_koala » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:43 am

I'm not sure I have the exact same "bug" as muxplust, but it could seem like they maybe are connected somehow.
Anyway, here is my "scenario":

My day starts at: 6AM
In the winnings tab I have the following data:

Winnings by month: June 2008: $ 3582.95

Winnings by day: June 1, 2008: $ 132.19
Winnings by day: June 30, 2008: $ 1251.85
Winnings by day: If I summarize all the days of June 2008 I get $ 3582.95

When I display Daily Result graph it is correct according to the 6AM day start.
When I display Monthly Result graph it shows that June 2008 ended with a total winning of approx $ 2900

If I change the "My day starts at" to Midnight, I get following:

Winnings by month: June 2008: $ 2988.75
Winnings by month: July 2008: $ 451.80

Winnings by day: June 1, 2008: $ -10.21
Winnings by day: June 30, 2008: $ 763.19
Winnings by day: July 1, 2008: $ 451.80
Winnings by day: If I summarize all the days of June 2008 I get $ 2988.75

Both the Daily Result and the Monthly result graph seems correct according to the data presented in "winnings by month" and "winnings by day".

If I filter my hands to only show between June 01, 2008 and June 30, 2008, and the day starts at 6 AM, the monthly graph displays a winning of approx $ 3265.
The winnings by month is still $ 3582.95.

Conclusion (?): When you change the "My day starts at" it seems like the monthly result graph doesn't take that in action when it populates the graph. It looks like the monthly graph is populated as if your day starts at midnight, no matter what you have set "My day starts" at.

(All my games where ended before 6AM on July 1, 2008, but some where started between midnight and 6AM)
don_koala
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:37 am

Re: weird bug

Postby muxplust » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:19 am

WhiteRider wrote:I suspect tarix is correct, although it may still be a bug.

If you played past midnight, you played into July, and the June winnings may not include this if that report is based on the hands you played in June.
The daily winnings graph is probably based on the sessions you played starting on that day, which will include the whole session even if you played past midnight.

Have you set "my day starts at"?
What time did your session start/end?


i changed it from midnight to 6am, and it does not change anything.

and my session was like 4pm in the afternoon or something ....
muxplust
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:18 am

Re: weird bug

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:35 am

OK, thanks guys. It definitely looks like you've found something wrong with the data the graph is using.

don_koala, could you please create a ticket on the Support system , and link to this thread. Copy the link location of your last post and paste it into the 'reference' field of the ticket so that we can link back to this great post quickly. Give a quick summary (or re-paste the text too). Thanks.

muxplust, could you create a ticket too, and give details of your problem too, and link back here.

Thanks.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: weird bug

Postby muxplust » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:37 pm

ok, i'll do it later tonight ... heading out to dinner now......
muxplust
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:18 am

Previous

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests