Page 1 of 2

Unable to begin feeder import process

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:29 pm
by Four Dogs
Ok, I am now into my 6th day playing without Poker Tracker. Not that PT 3 has ever run well for me since I bought it, but at least it was servicable, now it's useless.
It takes over a minute to load, but that's really unimportant as even after it does load, I can't import any hands. It ran ok, sort of, for a week or so then this message appeared.

Unable to begin feeder import process. Reason: Unable to login to database (PT3_2008_05_17_004613). Reason: could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

I know I'm not the only one who's having this problem as I did a search for it before I decided to post my own thread. In each case the reply from support was to open PostgreSQL and then Start service followed by a reboot if that didn't work. It didn't work. I replied to 2 of the previous related threads but have not recieved a reply. If I can't get this worked out, I might as well have just wiped my ass with the $80 I spent on PT3.

Re: Unable to begin feeder import process

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:21 am
by WhiteRider
I'm not a postgres expert, so I'm afraid I can't really help, but I've added link to this topic to the Postgres FAQ.

Do any postgres experts have any ideas?

Could you (Four Dogs) and anyone else experiencing this problem please give us some details about your system so that we can try to work it out?
e.g. Operating system, anti-virus / firewall software, etc.

My other suggestion would be to try uninstalling and re-installing postgres, although this is not absolutely straightforward.
See details here:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2136

Re: Unable to begin feeder import process

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:59 am
by Four Dogs
Thank you WhiteRider.
I am running a Gateway GM5420 with an Intel Core2 CPU 1.86 GHz and McAfee Security Center.
I tries allowing the port and program but that didn't seem to work either. If I figure it out I will post the solution.

Re: Unable to begin feeder import process

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:43 pm
by Four Dogs
Still no sollution to this? :cry: Can I get my money back?

Re: Unable to begin feeder import process

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:19 pm
by WhiteRider
Someone else has just worked out how to get postgres running after having problems, and has posted how she worked it out - please read this post:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7179&p=33158#p33111

Re: Unable to begin feeder import process

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:15 pm
by Four Dogs
Thanks WhiteRider, I'll give it a try.

Re: Unable to begin feeder import process

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:37 pm
by Yasha
Hi again,

After couple days PT3 stoped working again. With my knowledge of computers it's a real headech...

It gives now this: 2008/07/26 21:03:47: PartyGaming: Error: Invalid pot size/winnings for hand #7247615648 (Hand #7247615648)

Any help?

Thanks in advance

Re: Unable to begin feeder import process

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:54 pm
by WhiteRider
This is a known issue in Beta 15, but don't let that stop you submitting a few hand histories for the hands that don't import.

Re: Unable to begin feeder import process

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:15 pm
by Yasha
Thx for your quick reply, but how do i fix it then?

Re: Unable to begin feeder import process

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:17 pm
by WhiteRider
It's a known problem, that means that it's being worked on.
If you want to help, send some hand histories, as suggested.