HUD not compatible with Firefox and PokerStars

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

HUD not compatible with Firefox and PokerStars

Postby Xanthro » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:04 pm

I've found one problem with the HUD, it is not compatible with Firefox. If Firefox is open in the background, that is you would be able to see Firefox BEHIND the tables, the HUD will not update stats or start. If Firefox is minimized, then the HUD will work.

I've tested a few times, and every time Firefox is not minimized, the HUD stopped working. Probably something throws off reading the table on PokerStars.

I've only tested this with PokerStars.

It's an easy workaround, just don't have Firefox open.

I hope this helps narrow down some of the issues.
Xanthro
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:23 am

Re: HUD not compatible with Firefox and PokerStars

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:32 am

Hmm, I use firefox and haven't had this problem with the HUD on stars...
I'll pay a bit more attention to it next time I play, though.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: HUD not compatible with Firefox and PokerStars

Postby Patchmaster » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:05 pm

I upgraded to Beta 13 and Firefox 3.0 at about the same time. I hadn't noticed a connection, but I do have Firefox open and on screen at all times. Since these upgrades I've been having a number of focus issues. The worst is that not only will the Stars table not pop to the top when it's my action, but I can't even get it to come to the top. If I click on it, it becomes active, but if it was behind another window it stays like that. I have to move the other windows out of the way to see it. And it's not just Stars. All the windows start acting like this. When I shut down PT3, all windows begin acting normal again.
Patchmaster
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 9:55 am

Re: HUD not compatible with Firefox and PokerStars

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:04 pm

I think this is more likely to be a focus issue related to the HUD, although I'm still using firefox 2 (hadn't noticed there was a new one - thanks!). You could try it with another application - notepad or something, and see if you still get the problem.
If you do, please see this topic: Having Hud Problems? READ THIS!
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: HUD not compatible with Firefox and PokerStars

Postby Patchmaster » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:06 pm

I turned on logging, but the logging clearly interfered with the operation of the HUD. I've never before had the HUD freeze or fail to operate. This time it refused to come up at all on the second table and it stopped updating on the first table.

As for the focus issue, I usually have four or five windows open. They all acted the same way I described. Click on them and they become active, but no repaint to bring them to the top. It's as if the HUD is stealing the repaint message.

As to Firefox 3, rumor has it the memory leak issues have been resolved. I'm still withholding judgment on it being fixed, but it does seem improved.

One word of caution, a lot of plug-ins have not yet been upgraded for Firefox 3 and they won't work as they are. I lost use of one of my most used plug-ins.
Patchmaster
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 9:55 am

Re: HUD not compatible with Firefox and PokerStars

Postby Xanthro » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:01 pm

Patchmaster wrote:I upgraded to Beta 13 and Firefox 3.0 at about the same time. I hadn't noticed a connection, but I do have Firefox open and on screen at all times. Since these upgrades I've been having a number of focus issues. The worst is that not only will the Stars table not pop to the top when it's my action, but I can't even get it to come to the top. If I click on it, it becomes active, but if it was behind another window it stays like that. I have to move the other windows out of the way to see it. And it's not just Stars. All the windows start acting like this. When I shut down PT3, all windows begin acting normal again.


I was having the same issue, sometimes I couldn't even get to a table. If Firefox is minimized, I don't have those focus issues.

Before, I almost always had Firefox open in the background, it was only by testing every open application that I found a connection.
Xanthro
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:23 am

Re: HUD not compatible with Firefox and PokerStars

Postby prajna » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:58 pm

You know, I use firefox only (ver 3) and I have never noticed, but I can't say I was looking for that error either. I will see if I can reproduce this and send it to Josh if I can.

~ Thomas
[PokerTracker Support]
prajna
 
Posts: 734
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:58 pm


Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests