Poker Tracker 3 Beta 14 Error on startup

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Poker Tracker 3 Beta 14 Error on startup

Postby jeffl » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:37 pm

Code: Select all
11:34:30: Can't read value of 'HKLM\Software\PostgreSQL\Installations\{34D95765-2D5A-470F-A39F-BC9DEAAAF04F}\Service ID' (error 2: the system cannot find the file specified.)
11:34:30: Can't read value of 'HKLM\Software\PostgreSQL\Installations\{B823632F-3B72-4514-8861-B961CE263224}\Service ID' (error 2: the system cannot find the file specified.)


Poker Tracker gives this error on startup and continues on to the working screen and then works OK. My system has postgres on a different computer and just the ODBC driver on my computer.

Regards

Jeff
jeffl
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:52 am

Re: Poker Tracker 3 Beta 14 Error on startup

Postby keggler » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:17 am

exactly what odbc configuration have you set up on the client?


susan
keggler
 
Posts: 640
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:53 am

Re: Poker Tracker 3 Beta 14 Error on startup

Postby tarix » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:23 am

This is a known bug that occurs if you don't have postgres installed. It will be addressed in the next build.
tarix
Developer
 
Posts: 3760
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 2:49 pm

Re: Poker Tracker 3 Beta 14 Error on startup

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:06 am

So am I to understand correctly that if I have the database on a networked computer I should NOT install the PT3 Beta 14??

Good to know since I was about to download and install it over the build 2 that I downloaded this weekend...
Guest
 

Re: Poker Tracker 3 Beta 14 Error on startup

Postby keggler » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:08 pm

you can have the database on a server just running postgres if you like; hell, even a different o/s like linux for that matter - then install the beta 14 on the windows clients and then browse and connect to the network db...


susan
keggler
 
Posts: 640
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:53 am

Re: Poker Tracker 3 Beta 14 Error on startup

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:48 am

I *think* that the above error is reported because PT3 tries to start postgres if it isn't already running, but if postgres is installed on a different computer then in won't be able to, so you get that error. You are still able to continue running, though.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Poker Tracker 3 Beta 14 Error on startup

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:14 am

OK, just downloaded and installed PT3 Beta 14. No issues, not even an error on startup. And I do run my Postgres database on another (Linux) server.

Sofar the HUD indeed seems much stabler, thanks :)
Guest
 

Re: Poker Tracker 3 Beta 14 Error on startup

Postby kraada » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:50 pm

Also, if you see that error message, just click "OK" and then PokerTracker 3 will load normally.

It shouldn't affect functionality in any way. (And I should know; I click through it every time I restart PT3 myself :)
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests