ptv2 to pt3 new computer

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

ptv2 to pt3 new computer

Postby thesantini » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:57 pm

I'm having a difficult time moving my database from to ptv2 to my new computer w/ pokertracker3. Afaik its not possible to move my old database to pt3 without hand histories? Since its from two separate computers pt3 won't recognize the backup file or the files I copied from the old directory to the new one. Is there anything I can do to move the old db file & hh to the computer without reimporting all hands?
thesantini
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:52 pm

Re: ptv2 to pt3 new computer

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:08 am

If the hand histories aren't in the PT2 database then you won't be able to convert it.
But if you have the original hand history files then you can do a MANUAL import of them - this is basically what the convert does anyway, so would actually be quicker because you skip the export-from-PT2 phase.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: ptv2 to pt3 new computer

Postby thesantini » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:07 pm

I tried what you suggested with mixed results.

I installed pt3 on the old computer I could use Database Management & Maintenance to convert the ptv2 to a pt3 database. However, when I do this my alias settings aren't added (pt3 acknowledges importing them but doesn't associated the aliases together) & I am missing hands.

Are the hands I'm missing hands I don't have hh for even though they are accounted for in pt v2?
thesantini
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:52 pm

Re: ptv2 to pt3 new computer

Postby thesantini » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:31 pm

fwiw the hands I'm missing in pt3 are UB & Bodog. In fact, I don't see any hands from non ftp games.

I am also experiencing difficulty associating multiple ftp accounts as aliases.
thesantini
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:52 pm

Re: ptv2 to pt3 new computer

Postby thesantini » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:40 pm

also if pt v3 is "not responding" should I give it plenty of time to continue or assume it has frozen and end the application?

Thanks for your help.
thesantini
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:52 pm

Re: ptv2 to pt3 new computer

Postby thesantini » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Sweet, I see UB & Bodog are not yet supported. In the future, will pt3 be able to read these hands that are currently in the database since I've converted an old database w/ ub & bodog?
thesantini
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:52 pm

Re: ptv2 to pt3 new computer

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:50 am

Hands for sites that are not yet supported have not been imported. When those sites are added you will need to import the hands again.

What is your problem with aliases?
Once you've done the import, make sure import is not running any more, select your 'main' player ID on the left, and then click the alias link and select your other name.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: ptv2 to pt3 new computer

Postby thesantini » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:37 am

whiterider,

I know how to make an alias in pt3 however it struggles and eventually freezes when I choose certain aliases that are on ftp.
thesantini
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:52 pm

Re: ptv2 to pt3 new computer

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:45 pm

Is this when you are trying to create an alias?
Please enable logging, reproduce the problem and submit your PokerTracker.log to the
Support system , and link to this thread.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests