Installing PT3 under Vista

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Installing PT3 under Vista

Postby RioRodent » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:48 am

Apologies if this has been raised before, but a quick search didn't find it.

When I install a new release of PT3, whether run direct from download or saved, then Run as Administrator, I get a pop-up suggesting it has not installed correctly... and asking, Do you want to re-install, using correct settings; or Accept the installation as is (or words to that effect).

Is this normal? Which option should I choose?

PS. I am having some probs with PT3, more of which later!

Thanks,
Alan
RioRodent
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 3:09 pm

Re: Installing PT3 under Vista

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:11 am

Did you read these 2 posts?
Attn: Vista Users Installing PostgreSQL 8.3
Tutorial: Vista-How to Disable 'User Account Control' (UAC)

I've not used Vista myself, but it IS possible!
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Installing PT3 under Vista

Postby RioRodent » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:58 am

WhiteRider wrote:Did you read these 2 posts?
Attn: Vista Users Installing PostgreSQL 8.3
Tutorial: Vista-How to Disable 'User Account Control' (UAC)

I've not used Vista myself, but it IS possible!


Attn: Vista Users Installing PostgreSQL 8.3 - No... I didn't have a problem installing PostgreSQL.

Tutorial: Vista-How to Disable 'User Account Control' (UAC) - No... Already done that. That was the first thing I found out how to do when I first got Vista.

I don't mean to sound facetious, but did you read the question fully? Or maybe I didn't explain my problem clearly? :(

I have PT3 and postrgresql installed and working... It is when installing the updates that I get the pop-up window suggesting that the installation didn't go correctly. I have used both options - 'Re-Install with suggested settings' and 'Accept, as is' - either option seems to work OK.

I guess what I'm really asking is; Does this happen to all Vista users? And if it does, which option should I choose?

Regards,
Alan
RioRodent
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 3:09 pm

Re: Installing PT3 under Vista

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:17 am

Ah, sorry, no that wasn't clear - whether it was your writing or my reading! I see what you mean now.

When you run the installer, how far does it get? Do you get to choose where to install, does the progress bar get all the way across?
It sounds like it all goes OK, but then you get this pop up afterwards, and if you choose to accept you can run PT3 OK - does it show the new/correct version number in the title bar?
I don't use Vista myself, and I haven't heard anyone else report this issue, so I'm afraid I can't help there. Hopefully some Vista expert will drop by...

Meanwhile, feel free to ask about your other problem(s) - I'd suggest starting another thread, though, so that this doesn't get confused.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests