Newbie Help Can't Install

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Newbie Help Can't Install

Postby PokeraaPlaya » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:00 pm

I am a newbie to this program (I used to have v1 back in the day). I can't seem to get the program running and I am very close to just giving up.

I installed the version without postgreSQL and when I try to start the program it asks to confisgure the database. I looked at other forum threads and I used dbpass as the password, and it still gives me an error "Unable to connect to this database. Please check configuration" I changed the pg_hba file to say trust instead of md5 as I saw in another thread, this did not work either.

I am just about ready to give up, this software shouldn't be so hard to install and get running. Is there anything else I can do simply to get this working? In the first version, I downloaded, installed, and it worked. I'm not sure why I need to do all this extra stuff now to get a program to run.

Please help if possible.
PokeraaPlaya
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:54 pm

Re: Newbie Help Can't Install

Postby tlally » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:21 am

Having the exact same trouble with poker tracker 3.
I have used poker tracker 2 for years, and I am computer literate.
I know the trouble stems from me installing the poker tracker 3 w/o the postgre SQL the first time. I have then tried to then install the postge sql afterwards which did not work. I have also uninstalled everything and reinstalled but even then I have had no success with getting the program to run. I receive the same error messages.
Any help appreciated. :?:
tlally
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:50 pm

Re: Newbie Help Can't Install

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:52 am

Did you previously have postgres installed?

tlally, if you didn't have postgres already installed, and don't have any databases you need to keep, see this thread about how to completely uninstall postgres then re-install the WITH postgres version.
Total uninstall/reinstall of pt3

PokeraaPlaya, it sounds like you had postgres already installed - is that correct?
It sounds like maybe you didn't change the correct part of the file to trust.
Is this the post you used?
How To: Remove PostgreSQL Password
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests