Exporting Hands in Safe mode

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Exporting Hands in Safe mode

Postby holdummmhero » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:35 am

Hi my computer has been crashing so I'm running it in safe mode. I'm going to have to do a full system recovery, so I want to export all of my hands to a flash drive, but it is not letting me access my database to perform the export. Is there anything I can do?
holdummmhero
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 9:27 pm

Re: Exporting Hands in Safe mode

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:48 am

I don't think postgres is able to run in safe mode, so probably not. I;m sure someone will be able to give you a more conclusive answer, though.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Exporting Hands in Safe mode

Postby keggler » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:46 am

try and use the pg_dumpall command line interface from a dos prompt in safe mode...


pg_dumpall -U postgres > c:\pgbackup

from the postgres bin folder


susan
keggler
 
Posts: 640
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:53 am

Re: Exporting Hands in Safe mode

Postby holdummmhero » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:02 pm

The DOS thing didn't work, but if I just save the "8.2" folder under Program files-->PostreSQL, would i be able to restore my databases from these folders?
holdummmhero
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 9:27 pm

Re: Exporting Hands in Safe mode

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:44 pm

No, I don't think so. Postgres databases are complicated managed sets of files - you can't just copy the folders, you need to back it up 'properly'.
If you still have the hand history files (maybe in the 'move processed files to' folder) then copy them somewhere as a backup and you'll be able to recreate your database from them.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Exporting Hands in Safe mode

Postby keggler » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:47 pm

holdummmhero wrote:The DOS thing didn't work, but if I just save the "8.2" folder under Program files-->PostreSQL, would i be able to restore my databases from these folders?


what error did you get with the pg_dumpall?

you can't just copy the folders and restore them...

can you get into the o/s on "last good config" or on a minimal normal load long enough to pg_dumpall?


susan
keggler
 
Posts: 640
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:53 am


Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests