Page 1 of 1

Problem Importing Tournament Results

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:03 pm
by MSUcoug
I just bought a new computer with Vista. Previously I had been using PT2 on my old computer (XP). Decided to buy PT3 for my new computer and I'm trying to get all the info from my PT2 database into the new PT3 database.

I installed PostgreSQL 8.2.7 and then PT3 build 2 on my new computer. I exported all HHs (cash and tourneys) from PT2 on my old computer, then copied and imported them into PT3 on the new computer. All the hands loaded fine, except that none of my tournament results are showing up. In PT2, after every single tournament I played (Pokerstars and Full Tilt exclusively), I would go into the manual entry window and enter in buyin, # of entrants, place I finished, $$ won, etc. So I guess none of the actual tournament summaries were ever loaded into PT2. Is there a way to import the results information from the PT2 manual entry window into PT3?

I exported the "Tournament Detail" information from the "Tourney Notes" tab of PT2, so I have all the results info in an excel file.

I don't currently have postgreSQL on my old computer, so it won't let me convert my PT2 database to postgreSQL (don't have the ODBC value information).

Anxious to get this up and running so I can start using PT3 on my new computer.

Thanks

Re: Problem Importing Tournament Results

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:16 pm
by MSUcoug
I'll add that I have requested the tournament summaries from Stars (they only offered the full summaries for the most recent 200 tourneys (I have 539 total)). I copied the contents of that email to a single text file, but I can't figure out how to import that.

Re: Problem Importing Tournament Results

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:39 am
by WhiteRider
Transfering tournament summaries from PT2 doesn't currently work properly, but this will be fixed.

To import the text file you created your email from Pokerstars just do a manual import of that single file.

Re: Problem Importing Tournament Results

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:01 pm
by MSUcoug
So this is currently in development? What is the timetable for this feature being implemented? Any suggestions on what to do in the meantime? It is very important to me to get my tournament results imported into PT3.

I played tournaments today and entered the results in manually... is this the best (only) way to enter results (buyin, # of entrants, finish position, $ won, etc) currently into PT3?

As for the text file... it's simply tournament history... finish position of all entrants for each of the last 200 tourneys I've played. I tried to run a manual import of the file but it says "unrecognized file format". What am I doing wrong?

Re: Problem Importing Tournament Results

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:31 pm
by MSUcoug
MSUcoug wrote:As for the text file... it's simply tournament history... finish position of all entrants for each of the last 200 tourneys I've played. I tried to run a manual import of the file but it says "unrecognized file format". What am I doing wrong?

Well I did manage to figure this out, but still wondering about the other questions... thanks.

Re: Problem Importing Tournament Results

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:16 am
by WhiteRider
I can't give you an ETA, although I understand it's pretty high up the list once the HUD stability issues are sorted.