IMPORTANT: How to make Party Poker client less CPU-heavy

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

IMPORTANT: How to make Party Poker client less CPU-heavy

Postby Dan_Jazz_Man » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:01 pm

Here's what I did to get a rid of that stupid line that runs at the bottom of the lobby (for me turning it off brought the CPU usage from 70 to 10 %):
- In the directory C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\ find the file named "hosts". It usually contains one line, something like "127.0.0.1 localhost";
- Add the following line to this file: "127.0.0.1 content.partybets.com" and save it;
- Enjoy a much lighter Party client!!!

Regards,
Dan_Jazz_Man

P.S. Moderators, please move this topic, if it's in the wrong section of the forum. I posted it here, because many people suffer from HUD lagging on Party, so hopefully this helps to get rid of a non-HUD issue.
Dan_Jazz_Man
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:58 pm

Re: IMPORTANT: How to make Party Poker client less CPU-heavy

Postby oracle3001 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:30 pm

I thought that was a very old problem / solution and that it had been sorted by the guys at party removing the bar at the bottom 5/6 months ago, for exactly that reason? Put it this way I don't have any bars at the bottom displaying partyBets odds on my version of the client.
oracle3001
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:12 am

Re: IMPORTANT: How to make Party Poker client less CPU-heavy

Postby Dan_Jazz_Man » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:17 am

My bad, I guess I understimated the ability of Party to get a thumb out of their azz and actually improve something in their software. I checked the client last night, it really does not need this fix anymore. Thanx for the information!

P.S. MODS, PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD!
Dan_Jazz_Man
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:58 pm


Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests