Pokertracker 3 shuts down postgreSQL?

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Pokertracker 3 shuts down postgreSQL?

Postby oracle3001 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:18 pm

No, the last reply I got told me I would be contacted the next day about scheduling a remote session, and I have heard nothing since. As I said I just figured due to Xmas/New Year things were on hold.
oracle3001
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:12 am

Re: Pokertracker 3 shuts down postgreSQL?

Postby kraada » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:21 pm

Most likely. PM me the ticket number and I'll make sure it's in the right place.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Pokertracker 3 shuts down postgreSQL?

Postby fumblewumble » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:39 am

kraada wrote:It shouldn't be doing that; try upgrading to Beta 23 (you'll want the without PostgreSQL version as you already have PostgreSQL installed) from our downlod page and see if that helps. Beta 23 fixes a wide variety of bugs since the Build 3 release.


Still no go here. I upgraded, but the problem is still there. If i try to open up Pgadmin i see two servers up, both called postgreSQL database server 8.2 (localhost:5432), with an x in front, probably meaning not connected, this is the same whether pokertracker is running or not, so maybe PT isn't the problem. No amount of 'start service' does anything and if i try to connect to the database i get the same reply as pokertracker gives. I've tried to disable avast antivirus and Zonealarm firewall and, well, I don't know what else to try now.
fumblewumble
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Pokertracker 3 shuts down postgreSQL?

Postby kraada » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:25 am

At this point I'd recommend reinstalling PostgreSQL as that will most likely fix things for you. Please see the uninstall/reinstall guide for PostgreSQL. However, if you're using postgres 8.2, you'll want to reinstall the latest version of that line (which was 8.2.11 last I looked), as you can't just use your same data folder from 8.2 to 8.3.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Pokertracker 3 shuts down postgreSQL?

Postby fumblewumble » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:27 am

Ho Hum...

I've now reinstalled Postgres 8.2.11. PT still won't do it's stuff. When I start up the machine PostgreSQL asks for permissions to access the net and trusted zone, which I gave, so I suppose that means PostgreSQL is running. There's one process running in task manager called pg_ctl.exe, labeled postgres. And when PT fires up (which takes much longer than usual) it gives the same 'can't connect' message. I tried again to check in Pgadmin which tells me 'Connected: No, Running: No'. I then tried to rightclick 'start service', it thinks for a while and then proudly tells me 'Service started', but there is still a red cross there and the fields read "running: No, Connected: No'.

So it seems like things are sorts running, but not. Again, I've disabled firewalls and antiviruses while trying this. The only thing I can think of that changed on my pc since last time I used PT3 (been playing sites that only PT2 works with) is that I changed the motherboard and cpu, but should that have an impact?
fumblewumble
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Pokertracker 3 shuts down postgreSQL?

Postby kraada » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:59 am

Please zip up and attach the 3 most recent files located in C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.2\Data\pg_log\ to a support ticket and we'll look into what could be causing this for you.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Pokertracker 3 shuts down postgreSQL?

Postby awayla » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:07 pm

Just bought PT3 last week. Worked 1 day and now having exact same problems as described in this post. Obviously more than an isolated problem.
awayla
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:20 am

Re: Pokertracker 3 shuts down postgreSQL?

Postby kraada » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:12 pm

Yes we have realized it's more than an isolated problem, however for most people, stopping PostgreSQL manually before starting PT3 works, and we're working on investigating what is the underlying problem so that we can fix it for the next Beta release.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Pokertracker 3 shuts down postgreSQL?

Postby maxdz » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:03 pm

Seems like I have the same problem with the last PT3 beta. Seems like at some point, one of postgres.exe listening processes is crashed (it looks like "postgres.exe" with memory allocated size = 64K in "Windows Task-Manager" and I cannot kill the process with my normal account (not "Administrator", but which has admin privileges too.) I don't remember such a problems with previous PT3 version but I wasn't using it so intensively like the last beta.

If I log out (from Windows) - I get a message that "postgres.exe" crashed and must be closed. And seems like it's not possible to restart or stop postgres service after the crash - so log out and log in again is the only option to restart the service (I will be glad if postgres-pros give me a point how to kill that crashed process without logging out).

Last time I set 2 filters ("20-table SNG" and "$4 buy-in") for my DB with tournaments. After that I got a report of all played games but players list was not populated and PT3 stopped.

Log file looks like this:

"postgresql-2008-12-31_000000.log"
2008-12-31 01:28:31 CET ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint "settings_primary_key"
2008-12-31 01:28:31 CET STATEMENT: INSERT INTO settings VALUES('filters:holdem-tourney', 'BEG SEC:Holdem Tournament TYP:AND BEG SEC:Holdem Tournament TYP:AND FLT:Buyins DSC:Buyins: $4.00 PRM:4.00 FLT:Table Types DSC:Table Types: SnG (20 Table) PRM:900 END END ');
maxdz
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:30 am

Re: Pokertracker 3 shuts down postgreSQL?

Postby oracle3001 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:20 am

Just for the record that is exactly what I experience.
oracle3001
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:12 am

PreviousNext

Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests