Page 1 of 1

cant start tracker due to postgreSQL

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:30 am
by ihadupreflop
after installing beta version 3.0 24 for xp. I attempted to login and got the pop up asking me for a pass for postresql database. i inputed "dbpass" as per the guide on pokertracker.com, and the following popped up....."cannot login....please check configuration"


can anyone help me fix this problem?

thank you

ihadupreflop.

Re: cant start tracker due to postgreSQL

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:47 am
by gomery
I have the same problem, I tried to solve it and tried to delete the postgreSQL folder, although I could ony delte some of the files, I guess this may have mad the problem worse than before...Is there anyway of re-installing postgreSQL?

Re: cant start tracker due to postgreSQL

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:43 am
by kraada
Please reinstall PostgreSQL as directed in this guide. We also recommend that everyone upgrade to Build 4 who was previously running Beta 24. Build 4 has bug fixes since the Beta 24 version.

Re: cant start tracker due to postgreSQL

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:35 am
by gomery
OK! A new problem came up, when I'm trying do install the .msi file I only get to the point where I can choose language, then a messeage popps up where it says something like "the instalation package could not open. Confirm that such a package exists and that you can reach it. Or contact the people who sold you the program and confirm that it is a package for windows instaler". The only option is to press "ok" and th program shuts down, five seconds later I get the message "An unidentefied program tries top acces the computer" where I press "Allow" but nothing more happens.

I translated from Swedish to English so thats not the accurate phrase.

EDIT: Found the English version of the message: This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package.

Re: cant start tracker due to postgreSQL

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:58 pm
by kraada
That error happens when you're trying to run the installer without having unzipped it. Make sure you extract the files from the zip first and then you shouldn't see that error message again.

Re: cant start tracker due to postgreSQL

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:37 pm
by Pottyamd
i have the same problem to... It says that i must have the file in NFTS or something... Any thoughts to solve this ???

Re: cant start tracker due to postgreSQL

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:29 pm
by kraada
This error is a result of having your hard drive formatted in an old (Pre-XP) fashion. You can either convert your filesystem to NTFS or install PostgreSQL on your system as is.

If you wish to install PostgreSQL on a non-NTFS filesystem, please restart the installation process, but uncheck "initialize database" when you see that checkbox. Installation should now finish normally. Once installation is complete, click Start --> Run, type in "cmd" and hit enter. At the command prompt type:
cd "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin"
Note: Those quotes are necessary. Then hit enter. Then type:
initdb -A trust -D "../data" -U postgres

Note: Those quotes are also necessary. Then hit enter. Close the command prompt when the command finishes, then click Start --> Programs --> PostgreSQL --> Stop Service followed by Start --> Programs --> PostgreSQL --> Start Service. PostgreSQL is now installed and should be running properly

If you wish to convert your filesystem to NTFS, backup any and all critical files. The conversion tool should be seamless, but in case of a power outage or other interruption in the process you may be unable to recover your system. You should back up any and all critical files before continuing. Click Start --> Run, hit enter, type "cmd" and hit enter again. This will bring up a command prompt. At the command prompt, type the following, where drive letter is the drive that you want to convert:
convert drive letter: /fs:ntfs

For example: convert E: /fs:ntfs

When prompted, enter a drive label (or name) for the drive. You may name the drive as you feel is appropriate. When the conversion is finished, exit the command prompt. You can now proceed to install PokerTracker 3 with PostgreSQL normally.

Re: cant start tracker due to postgreSQL

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:26 pm
by EvertonYorkie
I get an error at the point where you enter the password in the install phase. I have unzipped etc. The error is:

Invalid username specified: Logon failiure: unknown username or bad password.

I enter the 'svcpass' password it reccomends, and have tried about 10 times, so I know I haven't done typos etc. I haven't edited anything else either and don't know what to do :( .

Any help appreciated.

Re: cant start tracker due to postgreSQL

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:36 pm
by kraada
Start --> Run type 'cmd' and hit enter. At the prompt, type:
net user postgres /delete

Then re-run the installer and it should complete.