More problems installing PostGreSQL

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

More problems installing PostGreSQL

Postby Head_Neck » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:15 am

I was using PT3 normally and from one day to another it said "PT was unable to connect to any PostgreSQL databases". My postgre was running good (stopped, started correctly) . I did as exactly asposted on the forum and reinstalled postgree 8.3 but now it can't be started - when I click on Start Service it waits and the window disappear - no postgree on task manager. I turned off firewall, anti-virus, etc., reinstalled agains and the problem persists. What's wrong ??
Head_Neck
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:29 pm

Re: More problems installing PostGreSQL

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:26 pm

Please select the last few files in C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\data\pg_log (they're dated so just pick the recent ones), right-click and choose 'Send To Compressed/zipped Folder', then attach the zip file to a ticket on the Support system, and link to this thread in the reference field of the ticket so that we can investigate.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests