What is the fastest

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

What is the fastest

Postby Eric Poker » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:37 am

At the moment I have 3 databases for observed hands. 1 for each month. But now we have the ability to purge database. Should I use only 1 database of the last 3 month ?
What is the best ?
Eric Poker
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:47 pm

Re: What is the fastest

Postby kraada » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:48 am

Personally I don't like removing data permanently so I just keep using new databases (though I use a new database for every 2 months, myself). If you want that data not showing up in your HUD, you can remove it from the Hud Options tab.

Purging can take a while, though, and creating a new database is definitely very quick. If you're deleting databases entirely eventually, that's pretty fast as well.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests