AutoBet Theorem

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

AutoBet Theorem

Postby js2002 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:02 am

Hi,

the theory says that you should autobet every flop that is HU and unraised. (u need less then 33% Foldquity)

Any Errors?

sum(if[
holdem_hand_summary.cnt_players_f=2 AND
NOT(holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise) AND
holdem_hand_player_statistics.cnt_p_raise = 0 AND
holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_bet
, 1, 0])

sum(if[
holdem_hand_summary.cnt_players_f=2 AND
NOT(holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise) AND
holdem_hand_player_statistics.cnt_p_raise = 0 AND
holdem_hand_player_detail.flg_f_open_opp
, 1, 0])
js2002
 
Posts: 1502
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:44 am
Location: Germany

Re: AutoBet Theorem

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:38 am

That looks fine - it will count how often a player bets the flop when the pot was unraised preflop, out of the times they had the chance to.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: AutoBet Theorem

Postby js2002 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:34 pm

finally I made one for "in position".

1. Now I want the oop version:
The easiest way to get the "out of posi" version would be to discount the "IP"s from "all" situation, I guess,
f.e.
(cnt_autobet_all - cnt_autobet_ip)/(cnt_autobet_all_opps - cnt_autobet_ip_opps) == autobet oop %age
Would you agree to do it like that? Or should I rather built the columns with "NOT(has_posi...) ...

2. Now I want the reaction to autobets:
js2002_cnt_f_autobet_HU_UR_def_action_fold
sum(if[
holdem_hand_summary.cnt_players_f=2 AND
NOT(holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise) AND
holdem_hand_player_statistics.cnt_p_raise = 0 AND
holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_f_bet_facing > 0 AND
(lookup_actions_f.action SIMILAR TO '(F|XF)%')

, 1, 0])
________________
js2002_cnt_f_autobet_HU_UR_def_opp
sum(if[holdem_hand_summary.cnt_players_f=2 AND
NOT(holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise) AND
holdem_hand_player_statistics.cnt_p_raise = 0 AND
holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_f_bet_facing > 0
, 1, 0])

Do you also think that this catches all situations?

ps at first glance I wanted to use "~face_bet AND fold" but then I noticed that a Line like "RF" would make this column "true", The term (lookup_actions_f.action SIMILAR TO '(F|XF)%') blocks this issue I hope.
js2002
 
Posts: 1502
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:44 am
Location: Germany

Re: AutoBet Theorem

Postby kraada » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:50 pm

I think that covers all situations, but I'm on my way out for the day and I'll take a look at it again for you tomorrow just to be sure when I have some more time.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: AutoBet Theorem

Postby js2002 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:11 am

garbage post...del*
js2002
 
Posts: 1502
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:44 am
Location: Germany

Re: AutoBet Theorem

Postby kraada » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:22 am

Looking it over a bit more now it looks good to me. And just using the complement of the IP hands to get OOP values sounds like the easiest solution (and it'll keep housekeeping times a teensy bit quicker).
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: AutoBet Theorem

Postby js2002 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:25 am

"did it done I know its good"

Hi kraada, jo it works, I got the complements and even the fold reactions... very usefull in low stakes and much more usefull when playing FL
js2002
 
Posts: 1502
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:44 am
Location: Germany

Re: AutoBet Theorem

Postby kraada » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:49 am

Glad to hear it's working well for you :)
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: AutoBet Theorem

Postby preparac » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:49 pm

How exactly works the string
lookup_actions_f.action SIMILAR TO '(F|XF)%
Thanx for an explanation that a math-donk like me is able to understand (the official SQL-documentation is still some sort of chinese for me ...)
appreciate your help
p.
preparac
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 6:23 am

Re: AutoBet Theorem

Postby js2002 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:26 pm

my hope and explanation is that is works like this:

SIMILAR TO is for regular expressions "(F|XF)%" is such a expression. fold followed by anything OR check fold followed by anything. % = anything and obsolete here I guess. (f.e. with C you should use the % if und want to allow that things happen after the call.)

@mods: plz ignore my post and explain the real truth ;)
js2002
 
Posts: 1502
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:44 am
Location: Germany

Next

Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests