Tourney Winnings by Start Time?

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Tourney Winnings by Start Time?

Postby JimmyM69 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:54 pm

I'd like to be able, in PT3, to replicate PT2's ability to rank winnings/losses by Session Start Time (in Ring Game Player Statistics, Session Notes, Session Summary, More Detail, which shows winnings/losses, in BB/100 hands, in 2-hour slices of each day), but have no idea how to go about it.

What I would ideally like to see is a report showing me the relationship, if any, between the time the tournies start, and my winnings/losses. Do I play better (win more money?) in the morning than in the afternoon, or evening? I can create a Report ranking winnings/losses by YYYY/MM/DD/HH/MM - what I want is one which ranks by HH/MM only

Please forgive if asked & answered, and please point to where I might be able to get a start in doing so?
TIA
Jimmy
JimmyM69
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:22 am

Re: Tourney Winnings by Start Time?

Postby kraada » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:13 pm

You can get groupings by time for cash games. On the Sessions tab, choose Sessions - Details from the drop down at the top right.

You can probably do something similar for tournaments using a custom report, but it won't look nearly as nice.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Tourney Winnings by Start Time?

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:08 pm

I have a stat "HTPS Tournament Start time" available for download from the Repository which displays just the start time of tournaments in HH:MM format, which you can use in a custom report to group your tournaments.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Tourney Winnings by Start Time?

Postby JimmyM69 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:10 pm

WhiteRider wrote:I have a stat "HTPS Tournament Start time" available for download from the Repository which displays just the start time of tournaments in HH:MM format, which you can use in a custom report to group your tournaments.

Thanks, but, the report sorts by Year first, then by month, then by date, before getting to the HH:MM, which is what I need to sort on.
Or have I got the wrong stat?
JimmyM69
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:22 am

Re: Tourney Winnings by Start Time?

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:26 pm

It's not a report, just a stat which you can add to a report.
This link will take you to the statistics section of the Repository.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Tourney Winnings by Start Time?

Postby JimmyM69 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:48 pm

Sorry, maybe I'm getting this completely wrong, but the stats to which I've been pointed sort the times by, in order
first, by Year,
then by month
then by day
then by hour
then by minute

What I'm looking for is to sort
First by Hour
then by minute
then by I don't care,
because what I want to do is to see my tourney results sorted by hours, so that I can see whether I am more successful in (say) the morning that I am (say) in the afternoon.
Is such a sort order attainable, and if yes, what do I have to do to achieve the outcome I've described?
TIA
JimmyM69
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:22 am

Re: Tourney Winnings by Start Time?

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:18 pm

Sorry - I gave you the wrong stat name; it's a while since I built these.
What you want is "Session time H:MM (tourney)", which is in the Holdem Tournament Tournament section.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Tourney Winnings by Start Time?

Postby JimmyM69 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:30 pm

Sorry, but I have that stat, which measures the tournament duration, in HH:MM, not the time of day at which it started. I guess I'm just going to have to figure it out by myself :cry:
JimmyM69
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:22 am

Re: Tourney Winnings by Start Time?

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:09 pm

Man, what is wrong with me today.. :oops:
Sorry.

I haven't uploaded this stat to the repository yet because there is an issue with extracting the times for some sites.
Have a look at the attached stat.
Attachments
Start Time HHMM.zip
(539 Bytes) Downloaded 125 times
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Tourney Winnings by Start Time?

Postby JimmyM69 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:51 pm

Thanx, I guess we're both having a bad day, but that stat didn't sort on HH, then on MM, but on YYYY/MM/DD, then HH:MM :cry:
JimmyM69
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:22 am

Next

Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests