Newbe basic help

General discussion of PokerAce Hud.

Moderator: Moderators

Newbe basic help

Postby bluegian » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:32 am

I installed PokerAce 1.19.10 Beta and I want use it on pokerstars...
I'm newbe and I don't understand how it's works. I realy apreciate if somone can explain me. I try to used it but I not be able...

Plz help to enjoy this game ! :P

Thx
bluegian
bluegian
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:27 am

Re: Newbe basic help

Postby kraada » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:20 pm

PokerAce HUD displays statistics on the table from your PokerTracker v2 database. You need to have PTv2 installed and importing hands, then PAHUD will display various statistics on the table. You can select which statistics to display and where to display them in the PAHUD layout manager, click Options --> Layout Manager to bring up the layout manager. The PAHud documentation may also be helpful for you.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Newbe basic help

Postby bluegian » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:11 pm

Thx a lot, I'll try that
bluegian
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:27 am

Re: Newbe basic help

Postby BadAstronaut » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:46 am

Rather than start a new thread, I'll just jump on this one with the following questions:

I have a few very basic question about Poker Tracker and PokerAce HUD...

1. What is the relationship between these two apps? Does PokerAce HUD have to rely on information from Poker Tracker - or is there a way to only have PokerAce HUD?

2. When playing on PokerStars, do you guys use the memory scanner or the hand history option? Which is better, and why?

3. How does PokerAce HUD store information on opponents over time? And how long should I have to wait before accurate stats start appearing? I think the default is 25 hands - is this a good option?

4. Is it useful to leave it open on a few tables I usually play, even when I am not seated, to gather info on my regular opponents? Or do I have to be dealt in/seated to get hand histories? Is there any way to get hand histories just from observing tables?

5. Does this work at very small stakes where the average pot is less than $1?
BadAstronaut
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:33 am

Re: Newbe basic help

Postby kraada » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:54 am

To answer your questions:

(1) PAHUD reads information from a Poker Tracker version 2 database. You need PTv2 installed and importing in order to use PAHUD.

(2) The memory scanner will show you data on players when you're not playing at the table; if you use the hand history option you'll only see data on tables you're currently playing -- but performance will be better. With modern computers being what they are, the memory scanner option should be easily usable for you.

(3) PAHUD has a cache that it uses if you've enabled it, otherwise it doesn't store data at all, the data is just in the PTv2 database. As to stats' accuracy it depends on the stat. VP$IP is going to be accurate a lot faster than Fold to Flop Bet. The more often the actions behind a stat are utilized the faster the stat becomes accurate and the more randomness can play into the stat the slower it becomes accurate. So winrate takes something like several hundred thousand hands in order to be statistically significant, but aggression factor probably only a hundred or so hands (depending on their VP$IP).

(4) On PokerStars datamining is forbidden beyond 30 hands for a single table for tableselection purposes. PTv2 and PAHUD won't import stats on observed PokerStars tables. Other sites write observed hands to your computer, and PT will import them. Some sites require third party applications in order to write observed hands.

(5) Absolutely.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Newbe basic help

Postby BadAstronaut » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:07 am

OK, then I defintiely have a problem. I have sat through about 30 hands and all I am getting is this:

[ img ]
No stats whatsoever, just that black block in the corner... :(

i am using PokerAce HUD v 1.18 (trial) and Poker Tracker Omaha 1.13.02 (trial)
BadAstronaut
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:33 am

Re: Newbe basic help

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:48 am

Please update to the latest PAH version 1.19.10
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Newbe basic help

Postby BadAstronaut » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:50 am

I have just done that and am getting stats :)

One thing I noticed is that it seems to stay on 29 total hands played (for the one guy I have stats on) and even though we are playing more hands, it does not seem to update in real time. It's as though I have to close the window then sit down again. Is there something obvious that I am missing?

I just checked again and it did this on another table... it doesn't seem to update as I go along (should it not be refreshing every 5 hands or so?).

Thanks for your help.
BadAstronaut
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:33 am

Re: Newbe basic help

Postby kraada » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:55 am

Try upgrading to PAHUD 1.19.10, the most recent beta, available here as it has several bug fixes since 1.18.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Newbe basic help

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:58 am

Yes, it should update. Are the hands importing into PT2 as you play?

Please enable logging, reproduce the problem on a single table and play 30+ hands, and send the PAHud.log file via the Support system so that we can review your configurations and troubleshoot the issue.
Tutorial: How to Create a Log File
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Next

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests