PAce Error- Unable to update cache

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerAce Hud? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

PAce Error- Unable to update cache

Postby doore » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:08 am

I am using V1.19.6 beta

I posted this here:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showt ... p?t=252655

but 'WhiteRider' suggested I try here again, and for whatever reason, my account is working now.

The popup error I get on startup says:

"Unable to update cache. Error executing "SELECT gp.player_id," etc... let me know if you need to see the rest, I have a screenshot.

I followed Whiterider's advice, which was:

"Do you have 2 DBCacheXXXX files in the folder: C:\Program Files\PokerAce Hud\Data\Temp ?
Try removing those files - I'd say just delete them, but you can move them to a different folder for the time being.
PAH will then have to rebuild the cache from scratch. This can take a while if you have a large database, so maybe do it overnight or something.
If this works, you can delete those 2 files you moved."

EXCEPT, I only had 1 DBCacheXXXX file.

It seemingly only took a split second to create another one startup once I removed it. However, I am still getting the same error on startup. Please advise.
doore
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:54 am

Re: PAce Error- Unable to update cache

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:40 am

It will take longer than that to build the cache so there must be some problem with the creation.

Please enable logging, reproduce the problem, and send the PAHud.log file via the Support system so that we can review your configurations and troubleshoot the issue.
Tutorial: How to Create a Log File
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to Technical Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests