IMPORTING HANDS

Hold'em or Poker Tracker Hold'em related posts go here

IMPORTING HANDS

Postby richlizard » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:13 pm

Hello.

Today I purchased Poker Tracker and have downloaded V 2.16.03d

I play on the crypto network and directed the auto-import to the correct folder. It imported the hand histories (10,700 files) pretty much seamlessly, but ended with...

""Import Finished With Errors - The import finished but there were errors. Open the Utilities/Error Log Display/Maintenance window to see the errors - 34 file(s) read - 0 new hand(s) were imported.""

I have tried it over an dover again, but always starts with 'found 34 files' and then the same error message after this. I have no idea what these 34 files relate to as there doesn't seem to be 34 files located together.

It appears to have imported most of my hand history before playing tonight, but not one hand from 600 has been imported from tonight's session, even when I point it in the direction of the precise hand history folder for this session.

Could somebody please help me.

Thanks
Rich
richlizard
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:54 pm

Re: IMPORTING HANDS

Postby ptrack pat » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:18 pm

Open the error log window like the error asks you to do and tell me what errors there are so I have some idea of how to reply.

If you are playing tournaments at Crypto then you need to get the latest patch, version 2.17.01g from this link (MAKE SURE YOU DOWNLOAD THE PATCH INSTALL, the second link on this page, and NOT the full version:
http://www.pokertracker3.com/products/PTH/download.php
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: IMPORTING HANDS

Postby richlizard » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:43 pm

Thanks for your reply Pat.

I updated with the patch and got the exact same as before. The latest error log reads...

C:\Program Files\DTD Poker\log\DE03976312\20080208201319296\CRI_9_20080304_204647.txt
Unexpected end of hand for game #5363844553.
Auto (2.17.01g)

Other messages are very similar like...

Game#5485272573 - of_Summary() - unexpected action found - ****HAND ENDS****
Error getting the player betting (pre-flop) information for Game #5459119123 for game #5459119123
Unable to get the game date(3) for game # 5442797673

So none of my hands from tonight have been recorded of course and possibly more from before.

Look forward to hearing from you.
richlizard
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:54 pm

Re: IMPORTING HANDS

Postby ptrack pat » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:58 pm

There is nothing PT can do about those types of errors because the hand histories are incomplete.

Go to the C:\Program Files\DTD Poker\log\DE03976312\ folder and there should be another sub-folder there with todays date as the name (i.e. something like C:\Program Files\DTD Poker\log\DE03976312\20080304nnnnnnnnn\ where the "n" are the timestamp.

Do you see a folder like this? If so, if you open it, are there any .log files there with numbers like 123456789.log? These are the files where the hands should be getting stored.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: IMPORTING HANDS

Postby richlizard » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:24 pm

Yes, I have these files. And today's .log files look to be in identical format to the ones from weeks ago.

Yet it imported the hands before I played and will now not import a single hand.

When I use and individual folder to import the hand histories within it, I just get the message...

'No hand history files have been created/updated since the last import.'

I have checked to see if any hands were imported for just 4th March and the list is empty! :(

I don't have DTD running right now, so I can't understand how i managed the import earlier, but will not import any hands from today. It just says no hands imported with no error message (the error message I quoted before was from when I pointed towards the parent folder covering all hands).
richlizard
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:54 pm

Re: IMPORTING HANDS

Postby richlizard » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:49 pm

Pat, I have now tried removing all the old file history with the exception of the two folders with today's dates.

Of course I no longer get the error message, but the two folders with today's games (4th March) just say no hands imported.

Is this significant?
richlizard
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:54 pm

Re: IMPORTING HANDS

Postby ptrack pat » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:36 pm

Open the File > Import Hand Histories/Tournament Summaries window.
Click the Select Files To Import button.
In the "Files of type" field, select "*.log" from the list.
Now navigate to todays hand history folder and select some log files to import. Does it import them when you do this?
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: IMPORTING HANDS

Postby richlizard » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:30 am

Pat, I got in such a mess with this with errors showing all over the place and new hands not being imported that I decided on a fresh install to see if I can find and give you more information...

So I have an empty database...

I tried to import the very latest folder of hand histories by clicking the 'lightning' symbol (auto-import) and directing it to the folder (with look for a file on my pc selected). After an ok I come to the summaries box and select 'force import' and get the response... 'no hand history files have been imported etc'. and the database summary remained blank.

So I then used your suggested method of going to manual import/hand histories. I changed to file type .log and selected just one hand to enter. It imported perfectly and ringgame statistics reflected the hand. One point to note is that there are two files in the history folder but one with a -s.log instead of just .log and it appears to be these files that are causing the error messages (error getting seating information etc). I wonder if I can safely remove these -s files?

So it seems I can manually import individual files but of course this would be extremely time-consuming especially as there is a limit to how many can be done at once.

I am sure there must be a simple solution to the problem and hope that with this new information you may be able to tell me a setting somewhere that will allow the auto import of .log files?

Thanks again with fingers crossed.
Richard
richlizard
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:54 pm

Re: IMPORTING HANDS

Postby richlizard » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:14 am

UPDATE...

Instead of using the 'lightning' icon to auto-import, I chose to go through file... auto-import... and 'choose your site'.

This imported every single hand! VOILA! Although I still got errors I am assuming this may be due to the -s files?

Now my only problem is that each time it updates, it goes through all 12,000 hands again, freezes my machine and then tells me it has added 1 hand! Is there a way round this or will I need to keep pointing the software to just the latest history folder?

Thanks again.
richlizard
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:54 pm

Re: IMPORTING HANDS

Postby ptrack pat » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:34 am

You need to use the "Move processed files to the following folder..." option on the auto-import window.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Next

Return to PokerTracker Holdem

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests