PT freezing when I go to Game Notes

Hold'em or Poker Tracker Hold'em related posts go here

PT freezing when I go to Game Notes

Postby ecu3270 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:22 am

Pretty weird, I just finished compacting my database and that seemed to work fine. Afterwards PT freezes and does nothing when I go to the Game Notes tab. I tried restarting my computer, same thing. It works fine importing hands and with all other tabs, including changing preferences, such as date, level, etc. Only when I go to game notes will it freeze up. Suggestions?
ecu3270
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:33 pm

Re: PT freezing when I go to Game Notes

Postby ptrack pat » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:58 am

Go to the c:\program files\poker tracker v2 folder.

What is the date/time and size on the files...

ptrack.mdb and ptrack_backup.mdb
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: PT freezing when I go to Game Notes

Postby ecu3270 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:40 am

Just started a new database a few months ago so the ptrack2.mdb is 3/18 and it's 1.15 GB.
The ptrack2_backup.mdb is 3/17 and 1.33 GB.

The old ptrack.mdb is 1/31 and 1.86 GB and there is no backup for that one.
ecu3270
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:33 pm

Re: PT freezing when I go to Game Notes

Postby ptrack pat » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:11 am

With PT closed, try renaming the ptrack2.mdb file to ptrack2_bad.mdb and then rename the backup file to ptrack2.mdb and see if you still have the problem.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: PT freezing when I go to Game Notes

Postby ecu3270 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:23 am

works good, thanks.
ecu3270
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:33 pm

Re: PT freezing when I go to Game Notes

Postby ecu3270 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:46 pm

Bump this post. I'm now getting the same issue again after it had been working fine. Again, it's just with game notes. Should I try this solution again or something else?
ecu3270
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:33 pm

Re: PT freezing when I go to Game Notes

Postby ptrack pat » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:10 pm

Did this just happen again after you compacted the database?

What I would suggest is converting to PostgreSQL
http://www.pokertracker3.com/products/P ... InstallSQL
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: PT freezing when I go to Game Notes

Postby ecu3270 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:05 pm

This happened before I compacted and still does after I compact.
ecu3270
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:33 pm

Re: PT freezing when I go to Game Notes

Postby ptrack pat » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:10 pm

I would suggest you convert to PostgreSQL then.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm


Return to PokerTracker Holdem

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest