Changing Check e-mail settings

Hold'em or Poker Tracker Hold'em related posts go here

Changing Check e-mail settings

Postby sotamursu » Sat May 24, 2008 8:54 am

I use PT version 2.17.02a. Any idea how I change those settings File -> Import hand histories/Tournament summaries -> Check E-mail? Thank you.
sotamursu
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 4:16 am

Re: Changing Check e-mail settings

Postby ptrack pat » Sat May 24, 2008 8:56 am

There are no way to change your "Check Email" settings. That function tries to use your default email program (Outlook or Outlook Express are supported). Are you talking about using POP3??
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Changing Check e-mail settings

Postby sotamursu » Sat May 24, 2008 9:04 am

I put wrong information in check e-mail settings because I didn't know that hotmail doesn't allow outlook express anymore. Now I'm trying the same thing with yahoo so I could import my tourney summaries automatically. Something seems to be wrong. Does any of this make sense to you?
sotamursu
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 4:16 am

Re: Changing Check e-mail settings

Postby ptrack pat » Sat May 24, 2008 9:05 am

Do you have a Yahoo account that allows POP3 access? Because if you don't, it's not going to work with Outlook Express either.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Changing Check e-mail settings

Postby sotamursu » Sat May 24, 2008 9:10 am

How do I know if it allows pop3 access..? Is there any way I could use the pop3 importing?

EDIT: And probably it doesn't allow it since I just registered my Yahoo account.
Last edited by sotamursu on Sat May 24, 2008 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
sotamursu
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 4:16 am

Re: Changing Check e-mail settings

Postby ptrack pat » Sat May 24, 2008 9:11 am

Are you paying for this Yahoo account? If not, then it's not POP3 accessible. The only Yahoo accounts that I know of that allow POP3 access are those you have to pay for, not the free accounts.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Changing Check e-mail settings

Postby sotamursu » Sat May 24, 2008 9:15 am

So is there such option as free e-mail with POP3 access? Or is my only option importing those summaries manually? Im playing at pokerstars.
sotamursu
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 4:16 am

Re: Changing Check e-mail settings

Postby ptrack pat » Sat May 24, 2008 10:07 am

I would recommend Googlemail (GMAIL), it's free and allows POP3.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Changing Check e-mail settings

Postby sotamursu » Sat May 24, 2008 10:34 am

Okay I did sign up at gmail and then I did make the outlook express account using my gmail account. There's still some problems, I got this error note when I tried to send a message via outlook express: Server connection failed. Account: 'gmail.com', Server: 'google.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, SSL-protected: No, Socket-error: 10051, Errornumber: 0x800CCC0E

Maybe my server names are incorrect since I didn't know what they would exactly be. I'm pretty sure that this is last problem im facing with this issue. If you know something please let me know.
sotamursu
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 4:16 am

Re: Changing Check e-mail settings

Postby ptrack pat » Sat May 24, 2008 10:43 am

Don't use Check Email with Gmail, use the POP3 option instead, it's much easier.

See here for details
archives/PT2/viewtopic.php?t=23353&highlight=gmail+enable+pop
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Next

Return to PokerTracker Holdem

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests