my mdb file seems to be missing?

Any support related posts should go here.

my mdb file seems to be missing?

Postby M50Paul » Mon May 05, 2008 6:41 am

recently downloaded PT V2.17.02 and have had a problem with running gametime + and importing hands (playing on UB). When I tried opening up gametime + I got an error message 80004005 which said Can't find C\programfiles\PokerTrackerV2\ptracker.mdb..... When I look for the file ptracker.mdb I cant locate it either but I have a number of other ptracker files such as ptrack2 , ptrack2.mdb, ptrack3.mdb. In addition my processed hands arent getting moved. I am running windows vista

Thanks in advance
Paul
M50Paul
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 6:46 am

Re: my mdb file seems to be missing?

Postby ptrack pat » Mon May 05, 2008 9:15 am

Have you been running PT as administrator every time? Vista should always prompt you to cancel/allow it to run. Does it do this?

Go to the c:\program files\poker tracker v2 folder. Click on the Compatibility Files link/button.

What files are there in this folder with an MDB file extension? What are their names, sizes and date/times? This folder shouldn't contain any MDB files if you were always running as admin.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: my mdb file seems to be missing?

Postby M50Paul » Mon May 05, 2008 7:41 pm

When I clicked on the compatibility tab there were 3 sections (1) compatibility mode, (2) settings, (3) privilege... nothing was checked... I have now checked under privileges - run as administrator.... I had been running as administrator from vista but never clicked on this box.... just did and that was even worse... needed password yuk -- unchecked it

What files are there in this folder with an MDB file extension? When I look in the PT file I see the following mdb files ptrack2.mdb(2552KB) , ptrack3.mdb(2040) , ptregv2.mdb 116KB), ptrack_backup.mdb (351,684KB) ..... no dates identified.

As far as I know I have always run as administrator
M50Paul
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 6:46 am

Re: my mdb file seems to be missing?

Postby ptrack pat » Mon May 05, 2008 7:59 pm

I'm not talking about the Compatibility tab on the properties window.

Open Windows Explorer. Go to the c:\program files\poker tracker v2 folder. At the top of the window you should see something that says "Compatibility Files" at the top of the window. Click on that. What MDB files are in this folder.

You need to be running PT as admin every time. The fact you haven't had that option set is what is causing all these problems now.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: my mdb file seems to be missing?

Postby M50Paul » Tue May 06, 2008 5:31 am

There are 4 mdb files in there.... (1) hhdb.mdb 4/29/08 77,156KB, (2) hhdb.mdb 5/6/2008 78,730KB, (3) ptrack.mdb 5/6/08 349,368KB, (4) ptrack_backup 4/29/08 349,368KB


There are 3 other non mdb files there also : autoimplog a txt file, hhdb.ldb and ptrack.ldb

I thought I was running as administrator but that box that asks if you want to continue doesnt come up all the time so maybe not
M50Paul
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 6:46 am

Re: my mdb file seems to be missing?

Postby ptrack pat » Tue May 06, 2008 7:42 am

Close PT.

Copy that ptrack.mdb file and the hhdb.mdb file (the larger one, you mention there are 2 with this name but I don't think that can be right) from the comp. files folder to the c:\program files\poker tracker v2 folder.

Now, try to open PT again, right-click on the PT desktop icon and select 'run as administrator'.
Vista should prompt you.

Does it open OK without an error?
Does GT+ now work (note you have to run GT+ as admin too).
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: my mdb file seems to be missing?

Postby M50Paul » Tue May 06, 2008 12:19 pm

Pat,

Thanks..... that appears to have fixed the problem..... both PT and gametime+ are all better......should I delete the files in the comp tab or just leave alone?

Again... thanks
Paul
M50Paul
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 6:46 am

Re: my mdb file seems to be missing?

Postby ptrack pat » Tue May 06, 2008 12:21 pm

I'd leave them alone for now.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: my mdb file seems to be missing?

Postby M50Paul » Tue May 06, 2008 9:46 pm

ok.... thanks again

Paul
M50Paul
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 6:46 am


Return to PTH Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest