Crashes on startup

Any support related posts should go here.

Crashes on startup

Postby Robbie Robb » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:37 am

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has ran into this problem. PT2 is crashing on startup. No splash screen, no nothing. Here's the details from the crash:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: ptrack2.exe
Application Version: 7.0.3.10312
Application Timestamp: 3f1d104a
Fault Module Name: StackHash_d029
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000096
Exception Offset: 00703ccb
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: d029
Additional Information 2: f54df3f0ea7fdbff188269f5224ab429
Additional Information 3: 3aa1
Additional Information 4: 4443b5cd8c5d62cb31583a41ca00e4a0

I'm sure it's a result of one of a whole whack of Windows updates I just did this morning but have no idea which one is the culprit. I'm running Vista. PT3 seems to be working fine.

Maybe this is a sign that I should have faith in PT3 and stop worrying about having PT2 running as a backup. ;)
Robbie Robb
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:28 am
Location: London, ON, Canada

Re: Crashes on startup

Postby ptrack pat » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:49 pm

Did this just start after you installed another version of PT2? Or all of a sudden it just started.
What version of PT2 are you running?
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Crashes on startup

Postby Robbie Robb » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:34 pm

Hi Pat,

It just started all on it's own today after I installed a whole bunch (21 I believe) of Vista/Office 2007 updates through Windows Updates. It worked perfect yesterday. I was using 2.17.02 prior to today but then, as a test, I upgraded to .02a. Prior to putting .02a on I reinstalled .02 overtop the old installation. I'm sure it's tied into one of the Windows updates I did today but unfortunately a) I have no idea which one and b) have no idea which updates were done today.
Robbie Robb
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:28 am
Location: London, ON, Canada

Re: Crashes on startup

Postby ptrack pat » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:32 am

I sent you a PM with something to try.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm


Return to PTH Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests