Is it possible to adjust HUD profile automatically

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Is it possible to adjust HUD profile automatically

Postby leviathan74 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:02 am

I am playing tournaments. I have one HUD profile set for tables featuring 3-9 people and another HUD profile I specifically created for when I get heads up.

I would like my Hud profile to switch from one to the other when there are two players remaining in the tournament. I 've tried doing so by going to HUD options/profile select and making my Heads Up Hud Profile the default one for when two players are at the table. However, this isn't working, I have to do it manually every time I go heads up. Is there something I am missing or is it impossible to do ?

lev.PNG
(334.35 KiB) Downloaded 2043 times
leviathan74
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:52 pm

Re: Is it possible to adjust HUD profile automatically

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:21 am

You have conflicting settings. The two settings above your HU setting are set to 'ANY' players and since they are higher in the list they will take precedence and your 9max HUD will still display when heads up. You either need to specify the number of players in the top two settings so they don't include heads up play or have the HU setting at the top of the list.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17070
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Is it possible to adjust HUD profile automatically

Postby leviathan74 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:33 am

Fantastic, I will get this sorted. Thank you!
leviathan74
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:52 pm

Re: Is it possible to adjust HUD profile automatically

Postby leviathan74 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:11 pm

Ok, I fixed the original issue but now I am facing another problem.When I am using my regular HUD profile, stats get updated every hand like I want them to. However, when I get HU and I have many tables running (10+), the Heads Up HUD profile doesn't update as fast as it should; it gets stuck to 2-3 hands and gets updated at random after 10 hands or something. When I am running 3-4 tables and one of them is Heads Up, it seems that stats are updated just fine.

Possible contributing factors:Because the newer versions of PT4 weren't able to import tournament histories through email, I switched back and forth between older and newer versions. At some point I got a message that cache was slow or something. I 've done a complete db reindexing, clustering and full vacuuming and cleaning twice without seeing any change in the problem. What else can I do?
leviathan74
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:52 pm

Re: Is it possible to adjust HUD profile automatically

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:12 am

So we can see what's going on here and follow up with you please attach a support bundle that has recorded this issue to a Support Ticket:

Tutorial: Reporting A Problem
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17070
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Is it possible to adjust HUD profile automatically

Postby leviathan74 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:06 pm

1. Ok, I took a look at your support guides and after reading your article about cache, I double checked whether the custom stats I am using are cached. I am in the middle of the process, but it turns out at least one of the custom stats I am using isn't cached and that was included in my custom Heads Up profile; I think it wasn't cached because I got from the coffeelite HUD I imported and when this custom HUD was made, PT4 didn't allow custom stats to be cached.

So this is the stat:

Fold to limp cbet:

(cnt_f_limpcbet_def_action_fold / cnt_f_face_limpcbet) * 100

Neither column is cached. If I tick the cache check box, it doesn't seem like it would hurt and it will help a great deal with the performance, correct? And I tick the cache box without fearing that I will break anything with any custom stat I come across, right?

2. It seems that my database is a click sluggish overall regardless of the custom stats I am using. What would be the correct steps to run maintenance? Analyze/cluster/vacuum right? I see that when I analyze however, that there's also a custom cache rebuild done, how is that different from the separate cache rebuild option? Does this mean that if I run analyze, I don't have to rebuild the custom cache?

How about the full cache rebuild? I know you don't recommend it, but it can't hurt. Should I run that before or after the analyze/cluster/vacuum cycle?

3. I have accumulated literally more than a hundred custom stats. Exporting and backing up each one seems time consuming. Is there a more efficient way?

Thanks
leviathan74
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:52 pm

Re: Is it possible to adjust HUD profile automatically

Postby leviathan74 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:48 pm

Also FWIW this is the uncached column.

cnt_f_limpcbet_def_action_fold

sum(if[lookup_positions.flg_bb AND NOT (tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise) AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_f_bet_facing > 0 AND (lookup_actions_f.action SIMILAR TO 'XF'), 1, 0])
leviathan74
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:52 pm

Re: Is it possible to adjust HUD profile automatically

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:08 am

leviathan74 wrote:1. Ok, I took a look at your support guides and after reading your article about cache, I double checked whether the custom stats I am using are cached. I am in the middle of the process, but it turns out at least one of the custom stats I am using isn't cached and that was included in my custom Heads Up profile; I think it wasn't cached because I got from the coffeelite HUD I imported and when this custom HUD was made, PT4 didn't allow custom stats to be cached.

So this is the stat:

Fold to limp cbet:

(cnt_f_limpcbet_def_action_fold / cnt_f_face_limpcbet) * 100

Neither column is cached. If I tick the cache check box, it doesn't seem like it would hurt and it will help a great deal with the performance, correct? And I tick the cache box without fearing that I will break anything with any custom stat I come across, right?

A cached column is stored in the database so it will help with performance:

Guide: Database Caching
leviathan74 wrote:2. It seems that my database is a click sluggish overall regardless of the custom stats I am using. What would be the correct steps to run maintenance? Analyze/cluster/vacuum right? I see that when I analyze however, that there's also a custom cache rebuild done, how is that different from the separate cache rebuild option? Does this mean that if I run analyze, I don't have to rebuild the custom cache?

How about the full cache rebuild? I know you don't recommend it, but it can't hurt. Should I run that before or after the analyze/cluster/vacuum cycle?

If you want to run full database housekeeping then you can do it in this order:

1. Reindex
2. Cluster
3. Vacuum/Analyze

If you also want to do a full cache rebuild you can do it afterwards although that shouldn't be necessary.
leviathan74 wrote:3. I have accumulated literally more than a hundred custom stats. Exporting and backing up each one seems time consuming. Is there a more efficient way?

Create a backup of your 'User Data Files':

Guide: Backup & Restore
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17070
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Is it possible to adjust HUD profile automatically

Postby leviathan74 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:28 am

A cached column is stored in the database so it will help with performance:


Right, but if I mistakenly ask for a column that's not supposed to be cached to be cached, I won't create a problem, right?

If you also want to do a full cache rebuild you can do it afterwards although that shouldn't be necessary.


Thanks. How about a custom cache rebuild? Is is superfluous, If I do a full cache rebuild?
Create a backup of your 'User Data Files':

Guide: Backup & Restore


Thanks, I will do so.
leviathan74
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:52 pm

Re: Is it possible to adjust HUD profile automatically

Postby leviathan74 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:56 am

Right, but if I mistakenly ask for a column that's not supposed to be cached to be cached, I won't create a problem, right?


Answering my own question. Pt4 told me that this column couldn't be cached:

sum(if[lookup_positions.flg_bb AND NOT (tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise) AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_f_bet_facing > 0 AND (lookup_actions_f.action SIMILAR TO 'XF'), 1, 0])

I removed the lookup_positions.flg_bb part which asks the HUD to look for whether the players is in the BB and it CAN be cached. I can set that on the HUD profile.

Thanks again.
leviathan74
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:52 pm

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 36 guests