Need help understanding the 2 computer sync process

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Need help understanding the 2 computer sync process

Postby markdfoti » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:05 am

Hi!

So I set up Pokertracker on my two different computers and added both of the processed folders ("processed_mac" and "processed_pc" into my dropbox, as I was directed to do. I'm just a little confused on the process of what to do next/once I start playing.

So let's say I play poker on my mac, starting up pokertracker beforehand and pressing "get hands while playing". I see the hands loading on the pokertracker screen as I'm playing. All looks well. Now when i finish playing, I press "stop getting hands". Then let's say I hop on my pc. i open pokertracker. now am I supposed to press "get hands from disc" and then press dropbox and press the processed *mac* folder so that it uploads the hands i played on my mac onto my pc? and then once im done uploading those hands on my pc, and playing some hands on my pc, let's say i hop on to play on my mac again. then i go to the "get hands from disc" and press on the processed *pc* folder?

or am i getting this wrong and do i want to press on the same processed folder instead of the opposite computers' processed folder.

the way I see it is that when i play on my pc, for instance, my hands are uploading to dropbox in my processed pc folder. so the next time i hop on my mac, before i start playing on my mac let's say, i should "get hands from disc" and press on the processed *PC* folder to get those hands from the pc onto my mac? ugh sorry hopefully this makes some sense. i just want to make sure im doing this right so that i understand for the long run.

thanks for reading!! and for your help,
mark
markdfoti
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:42 pm

Re: Need help understanding the 2 computer sync process

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:19 am

Yes that's correct. Also you might want to move all of the hands to a separate folder when each database has them to avoid re-reading hands that have already been imported since as the folder grows in size it will contain more and more hands which will slow the manual importing down - see this guide. Alternatively you can leave the separate Mac/PC folders and navigate down to the subfolder(s) for those day(s) when manually importing to avoid duplicates.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17064
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Need help understanding the 2 computer sync process

Postby markdfoti » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:59 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:Yes that's correct. Also you might want to move all of the hands to a separate folder when each database has them to avoid re-reading hands that have already been imported since as the folder grows in size it will contain more and more hands which will slow the manual importing down - see this guide. Alternatively you can leave the separate Mac/PC folders and navigate down to the subfolder(s) for those day(s) when manually importing to avoid duplicates.

Ohhh, thank you so much!! for the extra part about how to navigate the duplicate thing because that was going to be my next question. Sweet. I'm all good to go now :D

Cheers
Mark
markdfoti
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:42 pm


Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests