Page 1 of 1

Laptop unexpectedly failed, and no database back up.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:42 am
by elliottpoker
Hi,

My laptop where I use PT4 failed on me last week and no longer turns on. I have downloaded PT4 on my new laptop and was wondering what the possibilities are to transfer this across despite not having a backup saved.

I have exported my entire hard drive from the old laptop so was wondering if there is a file within the drive where the database/hands are saved? Similar to H2N where I simply download the program and copy/paste my settings across from my old drive to my new one.

Many thanks,

Elliott

Re: Laptop unexpectedly failed, and no database back up.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:10 am
by Flag_Hippo
Your PokerTracker settings (HUD Profiles, custom reports e.t.c.) are stored here:

C:\Users\{Windows Login}\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Data

Hand histories that were automatically imported get archived here by default:

C:\Users\{Windows Login}\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Processed

Guide: Processed Files

You can reimport from those files again into a new database using 'Play Poker -> Get Hands From Disk'.

Unfortunately you cannot just copy/paste PostgreSQL (the program where PokerTracker 4 stores your poker data) files from one computer to another but if that's something you want to try you would need to transfer the original PostgreSQL 'data' folder over and then install the same version of PostgreSQL that was used before.

Re: Laptop unexpectedly failed, and no database back up.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:35 am
by elliottpoker
Thank you, will try out all the above options.

have a good day