Page 1 of 1

Error Postgres Installation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:07 pm
by Carty87
Hi,

after some years I wanted to use Pokertracker 4 again. After start, it said "can“t connect to database" or "could find database" or whatever. So I deinstalled Pokertracker 4, removed the user folder, deinstalled Postgres and removed the database folder.

Downloaded latest Pokertracker version and installed. It worked and after start it says, if I want to PT4 to install Postgres. I click yes and it downloading the file. After it installs and the following error appears:
https://s20.directupload.net/images/240116/kyywdmsa.jpg

After clicking ok, it says "Cannot complete postgres installation" and the progess closes...I tried a second time, same results

Re: Error Postgres Installation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:56 am
by Flag_Hippo
In that case please manually download and install PostgreSQL v12 from here and for the two password boxes use 'dbpass' (no quotes) which is what PokerTracker 4 uses by default. If that says it installed successfully then try starting PokerTracker 4 again.