Page 1 of 1

Are Purged Hands still saved in processed hands?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:08 pm
by TaylorG84
My DB randomly vanished so I am importing everything from the processed hand folder. I have purged many hands from my DB, and worried they will get reimported.

Re: Are Purged Hands still saved in processed hands?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:08 pm
by TaylorG84
TaylorG84 wrote:My DB randomly vanished so I am importing everything from the processed hand folder. I have purged many hands from my DB, and worried they will get reimported.


And when I click restore my backup it is saying there is already a PT4 DB but I cant locate it, my back up is does not have the same naming convention

Re: Are Purged Hands still saved in processed hands?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 6:24 am
by Flag_Hippo
TaylorG84 wrote:My DB randomly vanished so I am importing everything from the processed hand folder. I have purged many hands from my DB, and worried they will get reimported.

When purging only the hand data in the database gets deleted. The original hand history files in your 'Processed' folder will still be there so that data would get reimported again if you import from the entire folder.
TaylorG84 wrote:And when I click restore my backup it is saying there is already a PT4 DB but I cant locate it, my back up is does not have the same naming convention

That sounds like the database might still be in PostgreSQL but not in your PokerTracker configuration. In PokerTracker 4 select 'Database -> Database Management -> New -> Browse Databases' and if you see the database there you can add it back to your PokerTracker 4 database list.

Re: Are Purged Hands still saved in processed hands?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 8:37 pm
by TaylorG84
Flag_Hippo wrote:
TaylorG84 wrote:My DB randomly vanished so I am importing everything from the processed hand folder. I have purged many hands from my DB, and worried they will get reimported.

When purging only the hand data in the database gets deleted. The original hand history files in your 'Processed' folder will still be there so that data would get reimported again if you import from the entire folder.
TaylorG84 wrote:And when I click restore my backup it is saying there is already a PT4 DB but I cant locate it, my back up is does not have the same naming convention

That sounds like the database might still be in PostgreSQL but not in your PokerTracker configuration. In PokerTracker 4 select 'Database -> Database Management -> New -> Browse Databases' and if you see the database there you can add it back to your PokerTracker 4 database list.


I had to restore an older DB, I am having issues getting a message saying "issues with updating cache and needs to validate". I click ok, is processes for a minute or two then stops responding and I have to close the program. It is also showing two DBs.

I also try and delete one and get an error.

Re: Are Purged Hands still saved in processed hands?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2024 4:44 am
by WhiteRider
I assume that the second one in the list "PokerTracker 4 Database" is the one that you restored, and it is that one that you tried to delete?
You cannot delete the active database, so if you want to delete that one you would need to make the other database active/default first.

Your database is pretty large and it may take some time to update the cache and do the required housekeeping. PT4 may be unresponsive during this time, so please let it run. I can't say how long it might take as there are a lot of factors involved, but you might want to run it overnight or something and it should eventually complete.

Before you do that please enable logging (Configure > Options) and restart PT4.
Go to File > Open User Data Folder and open the Logs folder.
If it does not complete after being left for a few hours (hopefully it won't actually take that long, but it could depending on your setup) attach the PokerTracker4.log file (you may see just "PokerTracker" if you have file extensions turned off) to a Support Ticket so that we can see what is going on.