Page 1 of 1

Restore from Backup Issues

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2026 7:51 am
by khdmb9
I just downloaded and installed the most recent version of PT4. As it was suggested I do, I backed up my database to a zip file. When I went to restore it, I kept getting an unbelievable amount of prompts asking if I wanted to restore some optional files. I had to sit there and click the prompt on every single one. It took me an hour and I still didnt get to the end. Eventually I had to cancel and close out of it. Is there a way to not have to do all of this?

Re: Restore from Backup Issues

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2026 11:05 am
by Flag_Hippo
Before starting the restore turn off the 'Always Prompt Before Overwrite' option.

Re: Restore from Backup Issues

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2026 1:47 pm
by khdmb9
Flag_Hippo wrote:Before starting the restore turn off the 'Always Prompt Before Overwrite' option.


Should I be creating a new DB and deleting the old one before restoring from backup?

Re: Restore from Backup Issues

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2026 5:12 am
by Flag_Hippo
Why are you restoring the database? The original database would have been updated for PokerTracker v4.19. If you restore the database that was backed up before the update you are just creating a duplicate and since the backup was done before the database update the restored database will need to be updated again.

Re: Restore from Backup Issues

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2026 1:33 pm
by khdmb9
I was under the impression that you had to backup, download and install the update, and then restore from the backup before you could start using again.

Re: Restore from Backup Issues

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2026 5:18 am
by Flag_Hippo
That's not correct. The backup is just a precaution in case there is a problem with the database update.