Filter: First Action Opportunity to Open The Pot

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Filter: First Action Opportunity to Open The Pot

Postby PampaSeba » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:14 pm

Hi, I have a problem with the filter First Action Opportunity to Open The Pot.
I have 400k hands in database, and when I put that filter, only keep aprox 200k hands.
My target is to find the percetaje of vpip raise by position: for example in the button: (Position of active player exactly 0; Voluntary Put money in pot; First action opportunity to open the pot) / (Position of active player exactly 0; First action opportunity to open the pot)
For example in UTG for 6max players (position #3), the filter first action opportunity to open the pot, results a number of hands lower than the total of hands.
I want your help with this issue, thanks.
PampaSeba
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:08 pm

Re: Filter: First Action Opportunity to Open The Pot

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:23 am

PampaSeba wrote:Hi, I have a problem with the filter First Action Opportunity to Open The Pot.I have 400k hands in database, and when I put that filter, only keep aprox 200k hands.

You will not always have the opportunity to open the pot because players will be raising/limping before you so the number of hands will drop with just that filter active.

PampaSeba wrote:My target is to find the percetaje of vpip raise by position: for example in the button: (Position of active player exactly 0; Voluntary Put money in pot; First action opportunity to open the pot) / (Position of active player exactly 0; First action opportunity to open the pot)

All you need to to filter a report to your example would be "Position of active player exactly 0" and "First action opportunity to open the pot".

PampaSeba wrote:For example in UTG for 6max players (position #3), the filter first action opportunity to open the pot, results a number of hands lower than the total of hands. I want your help with this issue, thanks.

If you have any 7handed+ data in your database then seat #3 is not UTG. You can filter for 6 handed play using "Hand Details -> Number Of Players".
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17062
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Filter: First Action Opportunity to Open The Pot

Postby PampaSeba » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:25 am

I have filtered the first opportunity to open the pot, with exactly 6 to 6 players, here are the output:

first action opportunity: 193k hands
first action opportunity UTG: 71k
first action opportunity MP: 52k
first action opportunity CO: 36k
first action opportunity BU: 22K
first action opportunity SB: 12K

Why the first opportunity to open the pot in UTG is 71k, if always UTG have the opportunity to open, dont should be 193k hands?
PampaSeba
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:08 pm

Re: Filter: First Action Opportunity to Open The Pot

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:40 am

If UTG has 71k opportunities to open in a 6 handed game then you have 71k hands total and the 193k is the total opportunities to open (not hands) for every position:

71k + 52k + 36k + 22k + 12k = 193k

The number of opportunities to open the pot will be more than the total hands e.g. if everyone folds to the big blind then there are 5 opportunities (UTG, MP, CO, BU and SB) to open the pot in 1 single hand.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17062
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Filter: First Action Opportunity to Open The Pot

Postby PampaSeba » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:09 pm

Ok, I understand now, the total hands are 71k, and the opportunities to open the pot, are 193k.
I have this problem:
I have 425k sits 6max, and I want to know the opportunities to open the pot in the first hand in utg (all stacks 25bbs).
WHen I filter, stack between 25 and 25bbs; and 6 players in the hand; it shows 425k hands, that is ok.
Next, I add, first oportunities to open the pot, and only 193k appears in the filter, then, i filter the opportunity to open the pot in utg, and only appears 71k hands, instead of 425k.
I dont know why the filter eliminates the hands.
PampaSeba
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:08 pm

Re: Filter: First Action Opportunity to Open The Pot

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:41 pm

Can you please attach some screenshots here or in a Support Ticket so we can see what is going on.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17062
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Filter: First Action Opportunity to Open The Pot

Postby PampaSeba » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:29 pm

Thanks for your answer, here i atach some screenshots:
25bbs, 6players: https://gyazo.com/6ac509e2fe80baa906797b1db1352355
25bbs, 6players, 1rst opportunity to open the pot: https://gyazo.com/09f3e958b8aae76349752a3e69e98094
25bbs, 6players, 1rst opp to open the pot UTG: https://gyazo.com/216a7b053314a7d1e2cb99f601ee5390
PampaSeba
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:08 pm

Re: Filter: First Action Opportunity to Open The Pot

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:18 pm

In your first screenshot the total number of hands you are seeing (425k) is the sum of hands for each individual player and this is not the same as the total number of individual/unique hands in the database since these players have been playing against one another.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17062
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Filter: First Action Opportunity to Open The Pot

Postby PampaSeba » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:34 pm

Thanks very much!
PampaSeba
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:08 pm

Re: Filter: First Action Opportunity to Open The Pot

Postby live4therisk » Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:28 am

I have this filter on and then I group by Position

I have hands that appear in BB.

Those hands are players that posted and then it gets folded to BB.

Why are these hands showing up as there was a limper or a posted blind (I'm assuming new player) ?
live4therisk
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:14 pm

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests