How to recover my database

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

How to recover my database

Postby stilldrunk001 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:29 am

Hello,

Recently, my laptop had a tdr video failure. The solution I am thinking of is to Reset my PC, which gives me the option of keeping my "personal files".
As long as I have a database of approximately 300k hands, I'd like to keep it and recover it, but I am not sure of what should I do.

Except for using the "Reset my PC" with "keep my personal files" option I thought of using an IDE HDD drive to USB to transfer my files to another computer.

But, the question is: where is my database stored at, what type is it and if I reset my PC (which means everything, except starting applications, will get uninstalled) will I be able to trace it and transfer my files somewhere else ?

Thanks in advance,
stilldrunk001
stilldrunk001
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:18 am

Re: How to recover my database

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:46 pm

Is your PC still somewhat usable? If so you can backup your existing poker data and restore it after your reset:

Guide: Backup & Restore
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17061
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: How to recover my database

Postby stilldrunk001 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:56 pm

Nope, not at all.
stilldrunk001
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:18 am

Re: How to recover my database

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:48 am

To try and recover the actual database you need to have the original 'data' folder from the PostgreSQL install:

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\x.y\data\

where x.y is your PostgreSQL version although you may have it installed in another location. That isn't always possible but PokerTracker 4 moves your auto-imported hand history files to your 'Processed' folder:

C:\Users\{Windows Login}\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Processed

That folder should be retained when keeping personal files and you can reimport your hands from there into a new database after resetting.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17061
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am


Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests