Missing hands

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Missing hands

Postby bobby1408 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:15 pm

Hello!

I've tried to import the hands played on Pokerstars after I finished the session using the Setup Assistent, but some of the hands are missing. I remember that it stopped at 144 hands and I closed the assistant. Is there a way to recover those hands ?
bobby1408
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:23 am

Re: Missing hands

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:57 am

Were you using 'Play Poker -> Get Hands While Playing' during the session? You can manually import hands into PokerTracker 4 using 'Play Poker -> Get Hands From Disk'. Choose 'Select Directory' to import all of the hands found in a folder (and its subfolders), or 'Select Files' to only import specific hand history files.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17062
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Missing hands

Postby bobby1408 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:47 am

No, wasn't using it. I imported hands using Setup Assistant by clicking next, next .... Already tried to use the method you described, but is not working. I know that hands are missing because I reauested a playing history audit from Pokerstars.
bobby1408
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:23 am

Re: Missing hands

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:58 pm

Is PokerStars saving your hands and do those hand history files actually exist on your computer? We have a guide for PokerStars here:

PokerStars Configuration Guide

PokerTracker 4 only supports English so hand histories need to be saved in English (PokerStars Client -> Settings -> Playing History -> Hand History) and the PokerStars client needs to be running in English (PokerStars Client -> Settings -> Global -> Language -> English).

If it's set to save the hands then is PokerStars actually creating the hand history files on your computer while you are playing? Go to the folder set in PokerStars and there should be a folder with your player name and inside that folder would be the hand history files. I've seen on occasion hand histories not save to the default location (C:\Users\{Windows Login}\AppData\Local\{PokerStars Skin Name}\HandHistory) so if that's the case try creating and setting a custom hand history folder (e.g. C:\StarsHH) instead in both PokerStars and PokerTracker 4 (Configure -> Sites & Import Options -> Site Configuration -> PokerStars).

Once that is setup you can test this on a table by clicking 'Play Poker -> Get Hands While Playing'.

If you need further assistance report this to us in a Support Ticket with your log file and screenshots of the following windows:

1. "Settings -> Playing History -> Hand History" in PokerStars.

2. "Configure -> Sites & Import Options -> Site Configuration -> PokerStars" in PokerTracker 4.

Guide: How to Create & Submit a PokerTracker4.log File

bobby1408 wrote:I know that hands are missing because I reauested a playing history audit from Pokerstars.

A PokerStars audit file (Tools -> Playing History Audit) doesn't contain the detail of individual hands played so if you were not saving them originally you will need to request copies of the hand histories themselves from the PokerStars client (Tools -> Get Hand History).
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17062
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am


Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests