Page 1 of 1

Backup failed, can't cancel the process!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:57 am
by assisricardo
After the new update today, PT4 suggested a backup (I never did it before).
I checked only User Data Files and User Conf FIles. After a few minutes, the status is:

Validation Started
Validating TOC...Failed.
Archive Validation Error:invalid TOC

The progress bar keeps running, and I can't click on "cancel" button. It's been 30 minutes and nothing... I'm afraid crtl + alt + del might make me lose some data... What should I do?

Re: Backup failed, can't cancel the process!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:08 pm
by Flag_Hippo
If it's running you can safely cancel it. Have you renamed or saved some file in the PokerTracker 4 data structure using a non-English name? If so try renaming those files and that might get the backup working. You can also try backing up to the root of C:\ instead and if that completes you can then move the backup file elsewhere.