PT3 to PT4

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

PT3 to PT4

Postby CaptnCanary » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:37 pm

Hi. I used to use PT3 but dont have it installed currently. But I do have a data backup file from PT3. Can I load my PT3 data into PT4 without PT3 installed?
CaptnCanary
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:38 am

Re: PT3 to PT4

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:06 pm

PokerTracker 3 backup files cannot be directly restored in PokerTracker 4 but if that database still exists in your current PostgreSQL you can convert it via the 'Tools -> Setup Assistant -> Convert PokerTracker 3 Database' option in PokerTracker 4. If it doesn't then you would need to restore the database in PokerTracker 3 first and then convert it.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17076
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: PT3 to PT4

Postby CaptnCanary » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:31 pm

OK thanks. I'll have to install PT3. Is it likely to work in Windows 10? I see it says Win10 isnt supported
CaptnCanary
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:38 am

Re: PT3 to PT4

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:26 am

Windows 10 isn't officially supported since that operating system was released after PokerTracker 3 reached its end-of-life in 2014 but you can still try and use PokerTracker 3 there - just make sure you are using PokerTracker v3.15 and have installed the v3.15.3 patch over the top of that:

Download PokerTracker 3
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17076
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am


Return to PokerTracker 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests