Page 1 of 1

hem 2 database import problem

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:38 am
by xavier47
hello, i just switched from hem2 to pt4 on my new pc. I exported my hem 2 database to my new pc to retrieve my notes taken, but I don't know where to put the folder (it doesn't appear in the convert holdem manager database). if anyone has a solution thanks

Re: hem 2 database import problem

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:17 am
by Flag_Hippo
Converting a Holdem Manager 2 database via the Setup Assistant can only be used when you have that database stored in the same PostgreSQL so that would only work if you used backup/restore to transfer your Holdem Manager 2 data to the PC with PokerTracker 4. If you exported hands histories only then you can import those into PokerTracker 4 using 'Play Poker -> Get Hands From Disk'.

Re: hem 2 database import problem

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:10 pm
by xavier47
I just transferred a back up in the postgre SQL folder but no folder in convert holdem manager database. Is there a specific location in a subfolder or place it? thank you

Re: hem 2 database import problem

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:39 pm
by Flag_Hippo
You cannot copy/paste folders into PostgreSQL like that. If you want to PokerTracker 4 to convert your Holdem Manager database then you will need to back that database up on the original computer and restore it on the new one as per the guide I linked you to before:

Guide: Backup & Restore (Holdem Manager 2)

When Holdem Manger 2 has restored the database on the new computer then it can be converted using PokerTracker 4.

Also if that 'hem2' folder in your screenshot is exported hands because you did this:

Guide: Exporting Hands (Holdem Manager 2)

then you can import those into PokerTracker 4 using 'Play Poker -> Get Hands From Disk'.

Re: hem 2 database import problem

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:07 pm
by xavier47
ok thanks for the answers, I can't do it, I will copy them manually it will take less time. thank you