Hand column for names of player in hand (villain Heads up)

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Hand column for names of player in hand (villain Heads up)

Postby JackOscar95 » Fri Jun 27, 2025 1:57 am

Is there a straightforward way to deduce the name of the main villain in a hand?

I understand that it's ambiguous because of multiway, etc., but maybe it's possible to find player names based on in which order they folded, or similar?
JackOscar95
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:10 pm

Re: Hand column for names of player in hand (villain Heads u

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Jun 27, 2025 7:12 am

That wouldn't be straightforward and would likely require some complex SQL.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17076
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Hand column for names of player in hand (villain Heads u

Postby JackOscar95 » Fri Jun 27, 2025 10:33 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:That wouldn't be straightforward and would likely require some complex SQL.


Can you think of any alternatives?

What general columns are available to find the names of players in the hand?
JackOscar95
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:10 pm

Re: Hand column for names of player in hand (villain Heads u

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Jun 28, 2025 6:53 am

There are no general columns available for that. A villain can be defined for heads up hands with two players dealt in and there is a custom statistic for that in the Download Warehouse called 'Villain Name (Heads Up) for reports'. I don't know of a method to determine and display a villain name for multiway hands since that is a far more complex scenario and would require comparisons between every player in a hand as well as comparisons between those players and Hero.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17076
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Hand column for names of player in hand (villain Heads u

Postby JackOscar95 » Sun Jun 29, 2025 10:27 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:There are no general columns available for that. A villain can be defined for heads up hands with two players dealt in and there is a custom statistic for that in the Download Warehouse called 'Villain Name (Heads Up) for reports'. I don't know of a method to determine and display a villain name for multiway hands since that is a far more complex scenario and would require comparisons between every player in a hand as well as comparisons between those players and Hero.


I believe you, of course, and thank you very much for responding. One last idea before I give up, is there not simply a way to see player name by position? e.g. what was the name of the player that was dealt into the BB, SB, BU etc.

If I had that, I could easily work out the postflop villain from other columns telling me which positions went heads-up postflop (str_actors_p etc.)
JackOscar95
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:10 pm

Re: Hand column for names of player in hand (villain Heads u

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Jul 01, 2025 5:36 am

Download the custom statistic from the Download Warehouse I mentioned earlier called 'Villain Name (Heads Up) for reports' and you can edit the custom column used in that stat to display the name of the player in a specific position.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17076
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Hand column for names of player in hand (villain Heads u

Postby JackOscar95 » Wed Jul 02, 2025 1:33 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:Download the custom statistic from the Download Warehouse I mentioned earlier called 'Villain Name (Heads Up) for reports' and you can edit the custom column used in that stat to display the name of the player in a specific position.


Sweet, that did the trick with just filtering on chps.position instead!

Thank you very much!
JackOscar95
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:10 pm

Re: Hand column for names of player in hand (villain Heads u

Postby overboard45 » Fri Jul 11, 2025 9:30 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:Download the custom statistic from the Download Warehouse I mentioned earlier called 'Villain Name (Heads Up) for reports' and you can edit the custom column used in that stat to display the name of the player in a specific position.



When adding the "Villain Name" stat to a report, the page filters no longer work causing the report to max out at 200K. The stat does display the villains name properly in the HU hands, but the report pulls in all hands whether they were HU or not. This causes the report to max out. No filters on the page will work such as date, stake, marked, etc.

I was able to adjust the filter on chps.position like JackOscar95 mentioned (for the Button), but that doesn't effect the filtering of the report output:

select p.player_name
from player p
join cash_hand_player_statistics chps using(id_player)
where chps.id_hand = cash_hand_player_statistics.id_hand
and not chps.flg_hero
and chps.position = 0


Is there a way I am able to filter this report, so I can view the hands? I would like to be able to filter the report based on where hero saw flop:

cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_saw

Thank You
overboard45
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:49 pm

Re: Hand column for names of player in hand (villain Heads u

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Jul 12, 2025 9:06 am

I can't reproduce the behaviour you're describing. This is working for me using a custom hand statistic for the name of the player on the BTN and an expression filter for seeing the flop:

villain_btn.PNG
(633.21 KiB) Downloaded 1836 times

overboard45 wrote:I was able to adjust the filter on chps.position like JackOscar95 mentioned (for the Button)

Bear in mind this isn't for use in a filter. It's an expression to be used in a custom hand column that would allow the creation of a custom hand statistic. Can you please provide detailed steps as to exactly what you've done and include a screenshot of your entire PokerTracker 4 hand report window.
Flag_Hippo
Moderator
 
Posts: 17076
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am


Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests